5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- active listening
- evidence based practice
- insight therapies
- cognitive-behavioral therapy
- antianxiety drugs
- a drugs used to control anxiety and agitation
- b clinical decision making that integrates the best available research with clinical expertise and patient characteristics and preferences
- c a popular integrated therapy that combines cognitive therapy (changing self-defeating thinking) with behavior therapy (changing behaviorvailable )
- d empathic listening in which the listener echoes, restates and clarifies. A feature of Rogers client centered therapy.
- e a variety of therapies which aim to improve psychological functioning by increasing the client's awareness of underlying motives and defense
5 Multiple choice questions
- therapy that applies learning principles to the elimination of unwanted behaviors.
- drugs used to treat depression, also increasingly prescribed for anxiety. Different types work for altering the availability of various neurotransmitters
- a behavior therapy procedure that uses classical conditioning to evoke new responses to stimuli that are triggering unwanted behaviors; includes exposure to therapies and aversive conditioning.
- treatment involving psychological techniques; consist of interactions between a trained therapist and someone seeking to overcome psychological difficulties or achieve personal growth
- a caring accepting, non judgmental attitude which carl rogers believed would help clients to deveglop self-awarness and self acceptance
5 True/False questions
repetitive trancranial magnetic stimulation → the application of repeated pulses of magnetic energy to the brain; used to stimulate or suppress brain activity
systematic desensitization → a type of exposure therapy that associates a pleasant relaxed state with gradually increasing anxiety-triggering stimuli. commonly used to treat phobias
exposure therapies → behavioral techniques, such as systematic desensitization, that treat anxieties by exposing people (inmagination or actuality) to the things they fear and avoid.
interpretation → drugs used to treat schizophrenia and other forms of severe thought disorder
antipsychotic → in psychoanalysis, the analyst's noting supposed dream meanings, resistances, and other significant behaviors and events in order significant behaviors and events in order to promote insight