5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Critics of homeschooling suggest that homeschooled children
- Sociologists are quick to note that terms such as modernization and development contain a (an) __________ bias.
- 30 percent of U.S. couples share most of the housework while 25 percent in Great Britain do; what percent share the housework in Japanese households?
- Achieved status is a social position:
- Which of the following terms is used by Talcott Parsons and Robert Bales to an emphasis on tasks, a focus on more distant goals, and a concern for the external relationship between one's family and other social institutions?
- a are isolated from the larger community and lose an important chance to improve their socializaton skills
- b instrumentality
- c ethnocentric
- d attained by a person largely through his or her own efforts
- e 4 percent
5 Multiple choice questions
- the prohibition of sexual relationships between certain culturally specified relatives
- A) All of these are correct!***********
C) social class
- the standards of behavior that are deemed proper by society and are taught subtly in schools.
- Charles Darwin
5 True/False questions
Which term refers to a disease or illness that cannot be understood apart from its specific social context? → culture-bound syndrome
Which sociologist developed the concept of the sick role? → Talcott Parsons
Practices required or expected of members of a faith are known as → influence
As described by C. Wright Mills, the power elite is → whose members have significantly less control over their own lives than the members of a dominant group
An ethnic group is a group: → that is set apart from others because of its national origin or distinctive cultural patterns