5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- In which type of authority pattern are the adult members of the family regarded as equals?
- Which theory of social change holds that society is moving in a definite direction?
- Thorsten Veblen is responsible for coining the term:
- Achieved status is a social position:
- A class system employs a social ranking based primarily on:
- a economic position
- b evolutionary theory
- c egalitarian
- d vested interests.
- e attained by a person largely through his or her own efforts
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- multiple masculinities
- a small group of military, industrial, and government leaders who control the fate of the United States and the group that stands at the top of the power structure in the United States
- large, organized religion that is not officially linked with the state or government
5 True/False Questions
A kinship system that favors the relatives of the mother is based on: → matrilineal descent
What is the difference between a family and a kin group → The family is a household unit, and kin do not always live together
Which of the following would be included in the matrix of domination? → a set of people related by blood, marriage (or some other agreed-upon relationship), or adoption who share the responsibility for reproducing and caring for members of society
Social change is defined as: → significant alteration over time in behavior patterns and culture, including norms and values
The veil may be seen as a rejection of ___________ prevalent in Western societies → the working class