5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which theory of social change holds that society is moving in a definite direction?
- An ethnic group is a group:
- Prevalence refers to the:
- ____________'s pioneering work in biological evolution contributed to nineteenth-century theories of social change. According to his approach, there has been a continuing progression of successive life forms.
- Rebellious craft workers in nineteenth-century England who destroyed new factory machinery as part of their resistance to the new industrial revolution were known as:
- a evolutionary theory
- b Charles Darwin
- c that is set apart from others because of its national origin or distinctive cultural patterns
- d total number of cases of a specific disorder that exist at a given time
- e Luddites.
5 Multiple choice questions
- large, organized religion that is not officially linked with the state or government
- religious beliefs
- false consciousness
5 True/False questions
Talcott Parsons believed physicians function as ____________ for the sick role by verifying a patient's condition as illness or designating the patient as recovered. → Wal-Mart
Which term was used by Max Weber to refer to the ability to exercise one's will over others → power
Which term is used to refer to the reputation that a specific person has within an occupation? → 13 percent
Which form of technology could help usher in the future of production and consumption as outlined by author Matt Mason → 3-D printing
According to disengagement theory, society withdraws from the elderly by segregating them: → A) residentially.
C) all of these answers are correct!*******