5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Which term refers to the conscious feeling of a negative discrepancy between legitimate expectations and present actualities?
- A condition in which members of a society have different amounts of wealth, prestige, or power is called:
- A denomination is a:
- In what year did women win the right to vote in national elections
- A sect is a
- a large, organized religion that is not officially linked with the state or government
- b social inequality
- c 1920
- d relatively small religious group that has broken away from some other religious organization to renew what it views as the original vision of the faith
- e relative deprivation
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- physically separating two groups; it is often imposed on a minority group by a dominant group
- environmental justice.
- the practice of placing students in specific curriculum groups on the basis of test scores and other criteria
5 True/False Questions
Colonialism is defined as: → the maintenance of political, social, economic, and cultural dominance over a people by a foreign power for an extended period
Research in the U.S. and other countries has consistently shown that people in the lower classes have: → sexism.
30 percent of U.S. couples share most of the housework while 25 percent in Great Britain do; what percent share the housework in Japanese households? → 4 percent
Sociologists are quick to note that terms such as modernization and development contain a (an) __________ bias. → ethnocentric
According to Talcott Parsons and Robert Bales, the expressive role is performed by: → equilibrium.