5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Organized collective activities that address values and social identities as well as improvements in the quality of life are called:
- Which of the following does the text define as a family?
- The equilibrium model of social change was developed by:
- Your textbook refers to "a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease and infirmity" as:
- The hijab is
- a Talcott Parsons.
- b the type of head scarf worn by Muslim women
- c a set of people related by blood, marriage (or some other agreed-upon relationship), or adoption who share the responsibility for reproducing and caring for members of society
- d health
- e new social movements.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- life cycle hypothesis
- the means of production are largely in private hands, and the main incentive for economic activity is the accumulation of profit
- A) all of these answers are correct!*********
B) end sex discrimination in admissions and financial aid.
C) eliminate sex-segregated classes.
D) give girls more opportunities to play sports.
5 True/False Questions
In large developing nations, the most socially significant mobility is: → the movement out of poverty.
Sociologists are quick to note that terms such as modernization and development contain a (an) __________ bias. → ethnocentric
Which of the following is the largest single denomination in the United States → A) all of these answers are correct!*********
B) educational institutions
C) religious institutions
D) the mass media
Segregation refers to the act of: → physically separating two groups; it is often imposed on a minority group by a dominant group
What is tracking → the practice of placing students in specific curriculum groups on the basis of test scores and other criteria