5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The restriction of mate selection to people within the same group is known as
- Fear of and prejudice against homosexuality is called:
- Modernization refers to the:
- What is the possible reason for why 43 percent of the people who live within 1 mile of hazardous waste treatment facilities in the U.S. do so?
- Karl Marx used the term proletariat to refer to:
- a process by which a society moves from traditional or less developed institutions to those characteristic of more developed societies
- b the working class
- c homophobia.
- d Racial and ethnic minorities possess less power than others AND economics and discriminatory forces push them to live in these places
- e endogamy
5 Multiple choice questions
- one woman and one man are married only to each other
- the movement out of poverty.
- social movements
5 True/False questions
Which term does Karl Marx use to describe the change that human society will move toward in the development of social change? → socialist revolution
The ideology that one sex is superior to the other is known as: → sexism.
The continuing dependence of former colonies on foreign countries is called: → one woman and one man are married only to each other
A form of marriage in which a person can have several spouses in his or her lifetime but only one spouse at a time is called: → serial monogamy
Which sociologist suggested that the growth of the electronic media has facilitated the development of charismatic authority → William I. Thomas