5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Adam Smith is associated with
- In large developing nations, the most socially significant mobility is:
- Which of the following play an important part in gender-role socialization in the United States?
- Which of the following statements about slavery is true?
- According to Talcott Parsons and Robert Bales, the expressive role is performed by:
- a It is considered the most extreme form of social inequality.
- b the movement out of poverty.
- c laissez-faire capitalism.
- d A) all of these answers are correct!*********
B) educational institutions
C) religious institutions
D) the mass media
- e women
5 Multiple choice questions
- the prohibition of sexual relationships between certain culturally specified relatives
- the tendency to assume that one's own culture and way of life are superior to all others
- multiple masculinities
5 True/False questions
Which sociologist maintained that a person's position in a stratification system reflects some combination of their class, status, and power? → Max Weber
Which of the following victim statuses may motivate a hate crime? → It is considered the most extreme form of social inequality.
Wealth is: → the control of a market by a single business firm
According to ____________, credentialism can increase the status of an occupation and is crucial to employees in their demands for higher pay → C. J. Hurn
An ethnic group is a group: → that is set apart from others because of its national origin or distinctive cultural patterns