5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Norepi incr inward Ca2+ during plateau via beta-1 receptors. It also incr SR Ca2+ pump activity by ___, which incr Ca2+ in SR.
- In working myoctes, phase 2 of AP is plateau caused by ___.
- PS (ACh) via muscarinic receptors decr atrial contractility by ___.
- In nodal pacing myocytes, phase 2 of AP is ___.
- In working myoctes, phase 3 of AP is rapid repol caused by ___.
- a absent
- b • transient incr I(Ca2+)- inward
• incr K+ out
- c • 1º incr K+ out
• decr Ca2+ in
- d decr inward Ca2+ current in plateau
- e phosphorylation of phospholamban
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- incr dev't tension
- • incr K+ conductance- outward
- decr rt of phase 4 depol in pacemaker cells
- EDV/RAP and CO/SV
- • positive chronotropy
• pos dromotropy
• pos inotropy
5 True/False Questions
Muscarinic receptor activation causes ___ in the CV system. → skin, splanchnic, and skeletal vascular smooth muscle constriction
In nodal pacing myocytes, phase 1 of AP is ___. → absent
Digitalis has a pos inotropic effect. It inhibits ___ on the myocardial cell membrane. → diminishing Na+ gradient, which diminishes Na+-Ca2+ exchange
In nodal pacing myocytes, phase 0 of AP is upstroke caused by ___ → • incr Ca2+ conductance- inward
• note that this is different; I(Na) in working myocytes
In working myoctes, phase 4 of AP is resting membrane potential maintained by ___. → I(K1)