5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Beta-1 receptor activation causes ___ in the CV system.
- In other words, Frank-Starling describes a proportional relationship between ___
- Digitalis has a pos inotropic effect. It causes incr [Ca2+](intracel) by ___.
- According to the Frank-Starling principle, incr in EDV will cause an incr in ventricular fiber length, leading to ___
- Digitalis has a pos inotropic effect. It inhibits ___ on the myocardial cell membrane.
- a diminishing Na+ gradient, which diminishes Na+-Ca2+ exchange
- b incr dev't tension
- c EDV/RAP and CO/SV
- d Na+, K+ -ATPase (causing incr [Na+](intracel))
- e • positive chronotropy
• pos dromotropy
• pos inotropy
5 Multiple choice questions
- repol of memb potential in preceding AP.
- • 1º incr K+ out
• decr Ca2+ in
- • I(f)- inward Na+
5 True/False questions
Muscarinic receptor activation causes ___ in the CV system. → skin, splanchnic, and skeletal vascular smooth muscle constriction
Norepi incr inward Ca2+ during plateau via beta-1 receptors. It also incr SR Ca2+ pump activity by ___, which incr Ca2+ in SR. → phosphorylation of phospholamban
In nodal pacing myocytes, phase 3 of AP is repolarization caused by ___. → • incr Ca2+ conductance- inward
• note that this is different; I(Na) in working myocytes
In nodal pacing myocytes, phase 1 of AP is ___. → absent
Neg dromotropy reduces AV nodal conduction velocity by ___ → • decr inward Ca2+ current
• incr outward K+ current