← BRS CV Phys Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Digitalis has a pos inotropic effect. It inhibits ___ on the myocardial cell membrane.
- In nodal pacing myocytes, phase 1 of AP is ___.
- Incr preload causes ___ SV. It is manifest as incr EDV.
- In nodal pacing myocytes, phase 3 of AP is repolarization caused by ___.
- In other words, Frank-Starling describes a proportional relationship between ___
- a EDV/RAP and CO/SV
- b incr
- c Na+, K+ -ATPase (causing incr [Na+](intracel))
- d absent
- e • incr K+ conductance- outward
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- decr inward Ca2+ current in plateau
- decr I(f)- the inward Na+
- • transient incr I(Ca2+)- inward
• incr K+ out
5 True/False Questions
In nodal pacing myocytes, phase 2 of AP is ___. → • incr Ca2+ conductance- inward
• note that this is different; I(Na) in working myocytes
PS vagal innervation uses the NT ___ on ___ receptors. → ACh, muscarinic
According to the Frank-Starling principle, incr in EDV will cause an incr in ventricular fiber length, leading to ___ → incr dev't tension
Beta-1 receptor activation causes ___ in the CV system. → • positive chronotropy
• pos dromotropy
• pos inotropy
Parasympathetic ___ innervation is found in the SA, artia, and AV. → vagal