5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Incr contractility cause ___ SV.
- In nodal pacing myocytes, phase 0 of AP is upstroke caused by ___
- Norepi incr inward Ca2+ during plateau via beta-1 receptors. It also incr SR Ca2+ pump activity by ___, which incr Ca2+ in SR.
- Neg chronotropy reduces HR by ___.
- According to the Frank-Starling principle, incr in EDV will cause an incr in ventricular fiber length, leading to ___
- a phosphorylation of phospholamban
- b • incr Ca2+ conductance- inward
• note that this is different; I(Na) in working myocytes
- c decr rt of phase 4 depol in pacemaker cells
- d incr dev't tension
- e incr
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- EDV/RAP and CO/SV
- ACh, muscarinic
- skin, splanchnic, and skeletal vascular smooth muscle constriction
5 True/False Questions
Digitalis has a pos inotropic effect. It causes incr [Ca2+](intracel) by ___. → diminishing Na+ gradient, which diminishes Na+-Ca2+ exchange
In nodal pacing myocytes, phase 4 is slow repol (diastolic depol) caused by ___. → • incr K+ conductance- outward
In working myoctes, phase 1 of AP is initial repol caused by ___. → • 1º incr K+ out
• decr Ca2+ in
Incr preload causes ___ SV. It is manifest as incr EDV. → decr
Parasympathetic ___ innervation is found in the SA, artia, and AV. → vagal