5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Digitalis has a pos inotropic effect. It causes incr [Ca2+](intracel) by ___.
- Decr phase 4 rt in pacemaker cells is caused by ___
- In nodal pacing myocytes, phase 4 is slow repol (diastolic depol) caused by ___.
- In working myoctes, phase 1 of AP is initial repol caused by ___.
- In working myoctes, phase 4 of AP is resting membrane potential maintained by ___.
- a diminishing Na+ gradient, which diminishes Na+-Ca2+ exchange
- b I(K1)
- c • I(to)- transient K+ out
• decr I(Na)
- d • I(f)- inward Na+
- e decr I(f)- the inward Na+
5 Multiple choice questions
- ACh, muscarinic
- incr dev't tension
- • incr K+ conductance- outward
- • transient incr I(Ca2+)- inward
• incr K+ out
- • positive chronotropy
• pos dromotropy
• pos inotropy
5 True/False questions
In nodal pacing myocytes, phase 1 of AP is ___. → • incr Ca2+ conductance- inward
• note that this is different; I(Na) in working myocytes
Digitalis has a pos inotropic effect. It inhibits ___ on the myocardial cell membrane. → Na+, K+ -ATPase (causing incr [Na+](intracel))
Parasympathetic ___ innervation is found in the SA, artia, and AV. → vagal
In working myoctes, phase 3 of AP is rapid repol caused by ___. → • 1º incr K+ out
• decr Ca2+ in
Incr preload causes ___ SV. It is manifest as incr EDV. → decr