5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Norepi incr inward Ca2+ during plateau via beta-1 receptors. It also incr SR Ca2+ pump activity by ___, which incr Ca2+ in SR.
- Digitalis has a pos inotropic effect. It inhibits ___ on the myocardial cell membrane.
- I(f) is turned on by ___.
- In nodal pacing myocytes, phase 4 is slow repol (diastolic depol) caused by ___.
- PS (ACh) via muscarinic receptors decr atrial contractility by ___.
- a phosphorylation of phospholamban
- b Na+, K+ -ATPase (causing incr [Na+](intracel))
- c • I(f)- inward Na+
- d decr inward Ca2+ current in plateau
- e repol of memb potential in preceding AP.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- incr dev't tension
- diminishing Na+ gradient, which diminishes Na+-Ca2+ exchange
- • incr Ca2+ conductance- inward
• note that this is different; I(Na) in working myocytes
- • transient incr I(Ca2+)- inward
• incr K+ out
5 True/False Questions
In working myoctes, phase 4 of AP is resting membrane potential maintained by ___. → I(K1)
Muscarinic receptor activation causes ___ in the CV system. → • neg chronotropy
• neg dromotropy
• decr atrial inotropy
In working myoctes, phase 1 of AP is initial repol caused by ___. → • I(to)- transient K+ out
• decr I(Na)
In other words, Frank-Starling describes a proportional relationship between ___ → EDV/RAP and CO/SV
Neg chronotropy reduces HR by ___. → repol of memb potential in preceding AP.