5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Complex viruses
- Solid media culture technique leads to what?
- Objective lenses
- a complicated structures; part may be helical and part may be polyhedral(Ebola and cholera)
- b Primary lenses that magnify the image or specimen.
Low power- 10x
- c Support plate extending from the base to occular body tube
- d The industrial or commercial use of microrganisms to make useful products.
- e plaque method of detecting viruses in which the concentrations of viral suspensions are measured in PFUs
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Roughly spherical in shape(HIV or RSV)
- *Can be determined by presence or absence of an envelope.
* Family name en in "viridae" and genus names end in "virus"
- Cross walls contained inside the hyphae
- *Spherical or oval one celled orgainisms
*Multiply by budding or fission
*some have long buds called pseudo-hyphae
- Remagnifies the image formed by the objective lens
5 True/False Questions
Bacteriophage → The green photosynthetic coloring matter of plants
Hypha → The inner protein coat around nucleic acid and made up of sub protein units called capsomeres
of 100,000 species of fungi how many are pathogenic to humans. → 200
Fungi → Aerobic or facultatively anaerobic chemoheterotrophs
(yeast,mold,and fleshy fungi such as mushrooms)
Seriological test → Flat plate that holds the microscope slide in position.