5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Virus culture techniques
- what is the most common method used to identify a virus
- a Bacteriophages are grown in either a liquid media or solid media.
- b Covers the capsid in some viruses and consists of a combination of lipids ,proteins, and carbohydrates.
- c Seriological testing
- d A complete, fully developedd viral particle composed of nucleic acid and surronded by a protein coat.
- e Change in the base sequence of DNA
5 Multiple choice questions
- The orderly classification of plants and animals
- Flat plate that holds the microscope slide in position.
- (molds and fleshy fungi) Thallus consists of long filaments joined together by hyphae
- DNA and RNA fingerprints
- Support plate extending from the base to occular body tube
5 True/False questions
3 Life processes that a Micro-organism is capable of. → 1.Procaryote or Monera: Eubacteria and Archaeobacteria
2.Protista; Slime molds,Protozoa and some algae
3.Fungi- Unicelluar yeast and multi-cellular molds and mushrooms
4.Plantae- Some algae,all mosses,ferns,conifers,and flowering plants
6 Major organism groups → Small unit of life capable of 3 life processes and can only be seen with an electron microscope.
Yeast morphology → *Spherical or oval one celled orgainisms
*Multiply by budding or fission
*some have long buds called pseudo-hyphae
Fungi → Aerobic or facultatively anaerobic chemoheterotrophs
(yeast,mold,and fleshy fungi such as mushrooms)
What are the 5 groups of fungal diseases? → Asexual and sexual reproduction