5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is the commercial value of microbes
- a The study of life in all its forms
- b the process by which light energy is converted to chemical energy
- c The ability of the microscope objective to seperate fine details.
(the higher the resolution, the finer the detail seen)
- d *Used in synthetic chemical products as preservatives such as yeast.
*Consume certain pollutants as a source of energy
*used to make sauerkraut,pickles, and vinegar
- e The industrial or commercial use of microrganisms to make useful products.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A complete, fully developedd viral particle composed of nucleic acid and surronded by a protein coat.
- Cross walls contained inside the hyphae
- The study of Fungi
- DNA and RNA fingerprints
- Support plate extending from the base to occular body tube
5 True/False Questions
Lysogenic cycle of a virus → cycle in which the host cell remains alive.
1.attachment-sites are disrupted over surface of virus.
2.penetration-capsid enters emdocytosis, cell pulls virus viron inside.
3.uncoating- breakdown of viral nucleic from protein coat by host cells enzymes.
4. Biosynthesis- dna is replicated
of 100,000 species of fungi how many are pathogenic to humans. → 200
Thallus → The body of mold or fleshy fungus joined to together by hypae
Enveloped virus → Covers the capsid in some viruses and consists of a combination of lipids ,proteins, and carbohydrates.
How are viruses measured → Microbes play an important role in the ecological food chain. They also maintain the balance in man and animals by processing essential vitamins in the intestines.