5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- 1 Nephi 5
- Abrahamic Covenant
- Elder Richard G. Scott
- Elder Neal A. Maxwell
- a "As you seek spiritual knowledge, search for principles. Carefully separate them from the detail used to explain them. Principles are concentrated truth, packaged for application to a wide variety of circumstances."
Ensign, Nov. 1993, 86
- b 1. Posterity
- c "Laman and Lemuel's own lack of character kept them from understanding the perfect character of God! Thus Laman and Lemuel did not understand the relationship of mortals with God, and, worse still, they did not really want to understand.
Hence Laman and Lemuel became rebels instead of leaders, resentful instead of righteous-- all because of their failure to understand either the character or the purposes of God and His dealings with His Children."
Ensign, Nov. 1999
- d Sariah complains against Lehi until their sons return. Lehi's lineage is set forth. Lehi prophesies concerning his seed and the preservation of the plates.
- e Lehi's second oldest son; didn't understand the dealings of God
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Keys to understanding Isaiah
1. Know the manner of prophesying among the Jews (repetition, symbols.)
2. Be filled with the spirit of prophecy (Holy Ghost.)
3. Know the regions and their history.
- Lehi's 4th son; quotes Isaiah; first prophet to write in the Book of Mormon; teachings: faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism, the Holy Ghost; purpose of the small plates: "For the fulness of mine intent is that I may persuade men to bcome unto the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, and be saved." (1 Nephi 6:4)
- "On your wedding day the very best gift you can give your eternal companion is your best self, clean, and pure, and worthy of such purity in return."
- Lehi's 3rd son
- Kingdom of Israel splits. Israel (Ephraim) to the north, and Judah to the south.
5 True/False Questions
589 BC → Israel is destroyed by Assyria
1 Nephi 18 → Nephi builds a ship
2 Nephi 1 → Israel was destroyed, but Christ will be raised and spend most of his time in Galilee.
722 BC → Israel is destroyed by Assyria
Zoram → Lehi's 3rd son