5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- 2 Nephi 16
- 1 Nephi 7
- 1 Nephi 17
- 2 Nephi 27
- a wife of Lehi
- b Lehi's sons enlist Ishmael and his household to their cause. Laman and others rebel. They bind Nephi, but he is freed by faith.
- c Isaiah's lips are burnt by a seraph.
- d Martin Harris and Charles Anthon -- "I cannot read a sealed book." Isaiah saw this 2500 yrs. before it happened.
- e Nephi builds a ship
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 2 Nephi 31
4. Baptism by Fire -- Holy Ghost
- Lehi's "first born in the wilderness"; gets the plates after Nephi's death; teachings: the evils of pride, chastity
- Lehi's 4th son; quotes Isaiah; first prophet to write in the Book of Mormon; teachings: faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism, the Holy Ghost; purpose of the small plates: "For the fulness of mine intent is that I may persuade men to bcome unto the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, and be saved." (1 Nephi 6:4)
- Jacob 5/Romans 11
Law of Justice and Law of Mercy
15-28: scattering of Israel
- 25: Nephites and Lamanites in the Americas
- 40: Lamanites destroy the Nephites
- 41: "What could I have done more for my vineyard?"
- 43-44: Jaredites
- 61: He called the servants and "they were few."
- 72: the Lord worked with the servants
- Israel was destroyed, but Christ will be raised and spend most of his time in Galilee.
5 True/False Questions
Elder Richard G. Scott → "Laman and Lemuel's own lack of character kept them from understanding the perfect character of God! Thus Laman and Lemuel did not understand the relationship of mortals with God, and, worse still, they did not really want to understand.
Hence Laman and Lemuel became rebels instead of leaders, resentful instead of righteous-- all because of their failure to understand either the character or the purposes of God and His dealings with His Children."
Ensign, Nov. 1999
2 Nephi 5 → Keys to understanding Isaiah
1. Know the manner of prophesying among the Jews (repetition, symbols.)
2. Be filled with the spirit of prophecy (Holy Ghost.)
3. Know the regions and their history.
Joseph → Lehi's youngest son
2 Nephi 2 → Martin Harris and Charles Anthon -- "I cannot read a sealed book." Isaiah saw this 2500 yrs. before it happened.
1 Nephi 4 → Lehi's sons enlist Ishmael and his household to their cause. Laman and others rebel. They bind Nephi, but he is freed by faith.