5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 2 Nephi 2
- Pres. Boyd K. Packer
- 1 Nephi 18
- Isaiah's 4 Main Themes
- 2 Nephi 19
- a The births of Jacob and Joseph are mentioned. Nephi is tied to the boat, then freed when God threatens to destroy the boat with a storm.
- b Lehi speaks to Jacob. Redemption comes through Christ. All men are free to choose. Opposition in all things.
- c Israel was destroyed, but Christ will be raised and spend most of his time in Galilee.
- d 1. Scattering of Israel / Judgments of God
2. Gathering of Israel / God's Covenants with Israel
3. Latter-days / Millennium
4. Jesus Christ
- e "True doctrine, understood, changes attitudes and behavior. The study of doctrines of the gospel will improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior will improve behavior."
Ensign, May 2004
5 Multiple choice questions
- Lehi's sons enlist Ishmael and his household to their cause. Laman and others rebel. They bind Nephi, but he is freed by faith.
- "We were foreordained in the premortal existence and born into mortality to fulfill the covenant and promise God made to Abraham.... That is who we are, and that is why we are here -- today and always."
- Lehi takes his family into the wilderness; the Lord chooses Nephi to rule over his brethren.
- father of a family in Jerusalem; Lehi's sons go to him to find wives
- Lehi's 3rd son
5 True/False questions
1 Nephi 1 → Lehi exhorts his sons to put on the armor of God.
Jeffrey R. Holland → "On your wedding day the very best gift you can give your eternal companion is your best self, clean, and pure, and worthy of such purity in return."
Abrahamic Covenant → 1. Posterity
1 Nephi 3 → The sons of Lehi try to get the plates and fail. Laman and Lemuel smite Nephi and Sam with a rod and are reproved by an angel.
600 BC → Babylon destroys Judah.