← REL 121: exam 1 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- 975 BC
- Henry B. Eyring
- 1 Nephi 8
- 1 Nephi 3
- Bible Dictionary 707
- a "...as one understands Isaiah better, he more fully comprehends the mission of the Savior,..."
- b Lehi's dream
- c The sons of Lehi try to get the plates and fail. Laman and Lemuel smite Nephi and Sam with a rod and are reproved by an angel.
- d "The Lord has embedded in the Book of Mormon his message to you. Nephi, Mormon, and Moroni knew that, and those who put it together put in messages for you."
Ensign, Feb. 2004, p.9
- e Kingdom of Israel splits. Israel (Ephraim) to the north, and Judah to the south.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Keys to understanding Isaiah
1. Know the manner of prophesying among the Jews (repetition, symbols.)
2. Be filled with the spirit of prophecy (Holy Ghost.)
3. Know the regions and their history.
- Lehi's 3rd son
- Laban's servant; agrees to go with Nephi and his brothers into the wilderness
- "On your wedding day the very best gift you can give your eternal companion is your best self, clean, and pure, and worthy of such purity in return."
- 2 Nephi 31
4. Baptism by Fire -- Holy Ghost
5 True/False Questions
1 Nephi 7 → Nephi writes of the things of God. His purpose is to persuade men to come unto the God of Abraham and be saved.
2 Nephi 27 → Martin Harris and Charles Anthon -- "I cannot read a sealed book." Isaiah saw this 2500 yrs. before it happened.
Ishmael → father of a family in Jerusalem; Lehi's sons go to him to find wives
Lehi → Lehi's 4th son; quotes Isaiah; first prophet to write in the Book of Mormon; teachings: faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism, the Holy Ghost; purpose of the small plates: "For the fulness of mine intent is that I may persuade men to bcome unto the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, and be saved." (1 Nephi 6:4)
1 Nephi 19-22 → Nephi makes the plates out of ore.