5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 2 Nephi 5
- 1 Nephi 2
- 600 BC
- 2 Nephi 16
- 975 BC
- a Lehi takes his family into the wilderness; the Lord chooses Nephi to rule over his brethren.
- b Isaiah's lips are burnt by a seraph.
- c Lehi's family leaves Jerusalem.
- d Kingdom of Israel splits. Israel (Ephraim) to the north, and Judah to the south.
- e The Nephites separate themselves from the Lamanites and keep the law of Moses. Lamanites become dark skinned.
5 Multiple choice questions
- "True doctrine, understood, changes attitudes and behavior. The study of doctrines of the gospel will improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior will improve behavior."
Ensign, May 2004
- Lehi's second oldest son; didn't understand the dealings of God
- "I told the brethren that the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book."
Introduction to the Book of Mormon
- Lehi speaks to Joseph. Joseph in Egypt saw the Nephites in vision, as well as Moses, and Joseph Smith.
- 1. Scattering of Israel / Judgments of God
2. Gathering of Israel / God's Covenants with Israel
3. Latter-days / Millennium
4. Jesus Christ
5 True/False questions
Allegory of the Olive Tree → Jacob 5/Romans 11
Law of Justice and Law of Mercy
15-28: scattering of Israel
- 25: Nephites and Lamanites in the Americas
- 40: Lamanites destroy the Nephites
- 41: "What could I have done more for my vineyard?"
- 43-44: Jaredites
- 61: He called the servants and "they were few."
- 72: the Lord worked with the servants
Joseph → Lehi's youngest son
Jacob 2 → Lehi's "first born in the wilderness"; gets the plates after Nephi's death; teachings: the evils of pride, chastity
2 Nephi 25 → Keys to understanding Isaiah
1. Know the manner of prophesying among the Jews (repetition, symbols.)
2. Be filled with the spirit of prophecy (Holy Ghost.)
3. Know the regions and their history.
1 Nephi 11-14 → Nephi quotes Isaiah