5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 722 BC
- 1 Nephi 4
- 2 Nephi 3
- 1 Nephi 2
- Allegory of the Olive Tree
- a Israel is destroyed by Assyria
- b Jacob 5/Romans 11
Law of Justice and Law of Mercy
15-28: scattering of Israel
- 25: Nephites and Lamanites in the Americas
- 40: Lamanites destroy the Nephites
- 41: "What could I have done more for my vineyard?"
- 43-44: Jaredites
- 61: He called the servants and "they were few."
- 72: the Lord worked with the servants
- c Lehi takes his family into the wilderness; the Lord chooses Nephi to rule over his brethren.
- d Nephi slays Laban at the Lord's command and secures the plates by stratagem. Zoram chooses to join Lehi's family in the wilderness.
- e Lehi speaks to Joseph. Joseph in Egypt saw the Nephites in vision, as well as Moses, and Joseph Smith.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Lehi's oldest son; didn't understand the dealings of God
- "If they saw our day and chose those things which would be of greatest worth to us, is not that how we should study the Book of Mormon? We should constantly ask ourselves, 'Why did the Lord inspire Mormon to include that in his record? What lesson can I learn from that to help me live in this day and age?'"
Ensign, Nov. 1986, 4
- The Nephites separate themselves from the Lamanites and keep the law of Moses. Lamanites become dark skinned.
- Nephi makes the plates out of ore.
- Martin Harris and Charles Anthon -- "I cannot read a sealed book." Isaiah saw this 2500 yrs. before it happened.
5 True/False questions
2 Nephi 25 → Keys to understanding Isaiah
1. Know the manner of prophesying among the Jews (repetition, symbols.)
2. Be filled with the spirit of prophecy (Holy Ghost.)
3. Know the regions and their history.
Bible Dictionary 707 → "All Palestine now lay at the feet of the Assyrians; one man alone, the prophet Isaiah... remained undaunted."
Henry B. Eyring → "On your wedding day the very best gift you can give your eternal companion is your best self, clean, and pure, and worthy of such purity in return."
Jacob → Jacob rebukes the people of Nephi for their pride and their sexual immorality. "I the Lord God delight in the chastity of women."
Lemuel → Lehi's second oldest son; didn't understand the dealings of God