5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Pres. Ezra Taft Benson
- 1 Nephi 18
- 1 Nephi 4
- 589 BC
- a Nephi slays Laban at the Lord's command and secures the plates by stratagem. Zoram chooses to join Lehi's family in the wilderness.
- b "If they saw our day and chose those things which would be of greatest worth to us, is not that how we should study the Book of Mormon? We should constantly ask ourselves, 'Why did the Lord inspire Mormon to include that in his record? What lesson can I learn from that to help me live in this day and age?'"
Ensign, Nov. 1986, 4
- c Babylon destroys Judah.
- d father of a family in Jerusalem; Lehi's sons go to him to find wives
- e The births of Jacob and Joseph are mentioned. Nephi is tied to the boat, then freed when God threatens to destroy the boat with a storm.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Lehi's 4th son; quotes Isaiah; first prophet to write in the Book of Mormon; teachings: faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism, the Holy Ghost; purpose of the small plates: "For the fulness of mine intent is that I may persuade men to bcome unto the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, and be saved." (1 Nephi 6:4)
- Lehi speaks to Joseph. Joseph in Egypt saw the Nephites in vision, as well as Moses, and Joseph Smith.
- Nephi quotes Isaiah
- "Laman and Lemuel's own lack of character kept them from understanding the perfect character of God! Thus Laman and Lemuel did not understand the relationship of mortals with God, and, worse still, they did not really want to understand.
Hence Laman and Lemuel became rebels instead of leaders, resentful instead of righteous-- all because of their failure to understand either the character or the purposes of God and His dealings with His Children."
Ensign, Nov. 1999
- Kingdom of Israel splits. Israel (Ephraim) to the north, and Judah to the south.
5 True/False questions
2 Nephi 19 → Israel was destroyed, but Christ will be raised and spend most of his time in Galilee.
1 Nephi 19 → The Liahona, Nephi's Bow, and Ishmael's death
Jacob 2 → Lehi's "first born in the wilderness"; gets the plates after Nephi's death; teachings: the evils of pride, chastity
Pres. Boyd K. Packer → "True doctrine, understood, changes attitudes and behavior. The study of doctrines of the gospel will improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior will improve behavior."
Ensign, May 2004
Jacob → Jacob rebukes the people of Nephi for their pride and their sexual immorality. "I the Lord God delight in the chastity of women."