islam, early civilizion of africa, and americans"mesoamerica"
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Ibn Battuta
- Toltec s
- Bantu migration
- a Arab traveler who described Africa societies and cultures in his travel records
- b religious group/Muslims/partisans of Ali /2nd largest tradition of Islam
- c Is the movement of Bantu speaking people to Africa
- d Andean civilization culture flourished along the southern coast of Peru... developed extensive irrigation systems including underground canals..... also known for beautiful textiles and pottery
- e built temples and pyramids/ carved large shapes of armed warriors.... warlike people ... worshiped a fierce god who demanded blood and human sacrifice
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- (corn) olmecs, maya, and the aztecs all depended on this
- is Arabic for "struggle, effort, to strive, to exert, to fight," understood as "holy war"
- an Inca sacred place in the Andean mountains of Peru..built by the Incas
- temporal leader of the Islamic community.. political religious state that encompassed the Muslim community
- Mai's most famous Ruler " ruler of Mali"
5 True/False Questions
Mali → Mesoamerica/ made from city states that were independent from each other / stretched from south Mexico to north central America
Maya → Kingdom built on gold /wealthy/ where the kingdoms where the kings lived/
Tupac Amaru → born in mecca, prophet of Islam,
Anasazi → American Indian inhabitant of the canyons of northern Arizona and new Mexico and Southwestern Colorado
trans Saharan trade → food products and manufactured goods from Carthage across the dessert in exchange for salt,gold,copper,skis,etc,and perhaps slaves