Biology 2: Exam 2: Plant Kingdom: Part 2
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Root Zonation - Zone of Cell Division
- Leaf Modifications include
- Woody Dicot Tissue Layers are made of
- a Irregular-Shaped. Examples are Seed coats, nut shells, peach pits, and pear grit.
- b Complete the life cycle in 2 years. Example are carrots.
- c 1) Location of apical meristem.
2) Produces a modified region at the tip known as the "root cap" which helps protect the apical meristem by lubrication.
- d Spines, tendrils, succulents, bub scales, and insectivorous leaves.
- e Wood, Bark, and Periderm.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 1) Smple - Leaf consists of a single blade.
2) Compund - Blade is subdivided into leaflets.
- Elongated cells. Example is hemp rope/ twine.
- Leaves modified to protect the terminal bud during winter.
- Photosynthesis, stoage, and repair. Examples are mesophyll, cortex, and pith.
- Annuals, Biennials, and Perennials.
5 True/False Questions
Suculents → Elevate the leaves and flowers to compete for sunlight and reproduction.
Arrangement of Root Vascular Tissues → 1) Monocots - Ring
2) Dicots - Star
3 Types of Ground tissue → Most abundant and least differentiated type of plant tissue.
Zone of Elongation → Cells in this zone take on water by osmosis, elongate and push the root deeper into the soil.
Sheath (monocots)/ Petiole (dicots) → Attaches Leaf to the Stem.