5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Dependant Variable
- Manifest Functions
- vary together
- cultural transmission
- a A theory states that increasing a person's formal education results in increased earnings over a lifetime period. In this theory higher education is the:
- b A statement of how and why specific facts are related is called a:
- c Passing cultural patterns from one generation to another.
- d Two variables are said to display coorelation if:
- e The recognized and intended consequences of a social pattern are referred to as:
5 Multiple choice questions
- Which disipline defines itself as the systematic study of human society?
- Whether repeating the measurement yields consistent results.
- Three of the following statements below are part of the definition of a cause and effect relationship. One is not. Which one is not?
- Anything that carries meaning to people who sahre a culture.
- Low income countries have cultures that value which of the following?
5 True/False questions
Social Dysfunctions → Social structures sometimes have negative consequences for the operation of society as a whole. What is the term for these negative consequences?
popular culture → The intangible world of ideas created by members of a society is referred to as:
society → Which disipline defines itself as the systematic study of human society?
cultural lag (example) → Gaining the ability to modify genetic patterns before understanding the possible social consequences of this kind of work.
nonmaterial culture → Cultural patterns that are widespread among a societies population are referred to as: