5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Auguste Comte
- cultural lag (example)
- Sapir-Whorf thesis (point)
- folways; mores
- a ________ are rules about everyday casual living; _________ are rules with great moral significance.
- b The term sociology was coined in 1838 by?
- c Gaining the ability to modify genetic patterns before understanding the possible social consequences of this kind of work.
- d People see the world through the cultural lens of their language.
- e Which of the following concepts refers to people who interact in a defined territory and share culture.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Cultural patterns that are widespread among a societies population are referred to as:
- Social structures sometimes have negative consequences for the operation of society as a whole. What is the term for these negative consequences?
- Whether repeating the measurement yields consistent results.
- Passing cultural patterns from one generation to another.
- The intangible world of ideas created by members of a society is referred to as:
5 True/False Questions
Dependant Variable → A theory states that increasing a person's formal education results in increased earnings over a lifetime period. In this theory higher education is the:
mores → A statement of how and why specific facts are related is called a:
Science → A logical system that bases knowledge on direct systematic observation.
economic survival → A theory states that increasing a person's formal education results in increased earnings over a lifetime period. In this theory higher education is the:
vary together → Two variables are said to display coorelation if: