← Final Study Guide Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- nonmaterial culture
- Social Dysfunctions
- vary together
- economic survival
- a Two variables are said to display coorelation if:
- b Which disipline defines itself as the systematic study of human society?
- c Social structures sometimes have negative consequences for the operation of society as a whole. What is the term for these negative consequences?
- d Low income countries have cultures that value which of the following?
- e The intangible world of ideas created by members of a society is referred to as:
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A logical system that bases knowledge on direct systematic observation.
- ________ are rules about everyday casual living; _________ are rules with great moral significance.
- People see the world through the cultural lens of their language.
- Anything that carries meaning to people who sahre a culture.
- Gerhard Lenski claimed that which of the following has the greatest power to shape a society.
5 True/False Questions
Theory → A statement of how and why specific facts are related is called a:
Dependant Variable → Imagine that you were going to measure the age of a number of respondents taking part in a survey. As you record the data you are using the concept (age) as:
Reliability (process of measurement) → Passing cultural patterns from one generation to another.
Variable → A logical system that bases knowledge on direct systematic observation.
cultural transmission → Gaining the ability to modify genetic patterns before understanding the possible social consequences of this kind of work.