5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- folways; mores
- symbol(defines by sociologists)
- Manifest Functions
- a ________ are rules about everyday casual living; _________ are rules with great moral significance.
- b The recognized and intended consequences of a social pattern are referred to as:
- c A statement of how and why specific facts are related is called a:
- d Imagine that you were going to measure the age of a number of respondents taking part in a survey. As you record the data you are using the concept (age) as:
- e Anything that carries meaning to people who sahre a culture.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Gerhard Lenski claimed that which of the following has the greatest power to shape a society.
- Which disipline defines itself as the systematic study of human society?
- Passing cultural patterns from one generation to another.
- Social structures sometimes have negative consequences for the operation of society as a whole. What is the term for these negative consequences?
- Cultural patterns that are widespread among a societies population are referred to as:
5 True/False Questions
cultural lag (example) → Gaining the ability to modify genetic patterns before understanding the possible social consequences of this kind of work.
Science → Which of the following concepts refers to people who interact in a defined territory and share culture.
Both variables shown to independant → Three of the following statements below are part of the definition of a cause and effect relationship. One is not. Which one is not?
Dependant Variable → A theory states that increasing a person's formal education results in increased earnings over a lifetime period. In this theory higher education is the:
nonmaterial culture → The intangible world of ideas created by members of a society is referred to as: