5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Reliability (process of measurement)
- nonmaterial culture
- symbol(defines by sociologists)
- a Whether repeating the measurement yields consistent results.
- b The intangible world of ideas created by members of a society is referred to as:
- c Which of the following concepts refers to people who interact in a defined territory and share culture.
- d A statement of how and why specific facts are related is called a:
- e Anything that carries meaning to people who sahre a culture.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Two variables are said to display coorelation if:
- A logical system that bases knowledge on direct systematic observation.
- Social structures sometimes have negative consequences for the operation of society as a whole. What is the term for these negative consequences?
- Passing cultural patterns from one generation to another.
- Which disipline defines itself as the systematic study of human society?
5 True/False questions
Manifest Functions → The recognized and intended consequences of a social pattern are referred to as:
Auguste Comte → The term sociology was coined in 1838 by?
technology → Which disipline defines itself as the systematic study of human society?
Variable → Imagine that you were going to measure the age of a number of respondents taking part in a survey. As you record the data you are using the concept (age) as:
Dependant Variable → A theory states that increasing a person's formal education results in increased earnings over a lifetime period. In this theory higher education is the: