5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- cultural transmission
- symbol(defines by sociologists)
- Social Dysfunctions
- a Gerhard Lenski claimed that which of the following has the greatest power to shape a society.
- b Anything that carries meaning to people who sahre a culture.
- c Passing cultural patterns from one generation to another.
- d Imagine that you were going to measure the age of a number of respondents taking part in a survey. As you record the data you are using the concept (age) as:
- e Social structures sometimes have negative consequences for the operation of society as a whole. What is the term for these negative consequences?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Which of the following concepts refers to people who interact in a defined territory and share culture.
- Whether repeating the measurement yields consistent results.
- The intangible world of ideas created by members of a society is referred to as:
- Three of the following statements below are part of the definition of a cause and effect relationship. One is not. Which one is not?
- ________ are rules about everyday casual living; _________ are rules with great moral significance.
5 True/False questions
Auguste Comte → The term sociology was coined in 1838 by?
economic survival → A theory states that increasing a person's formal education results in increased earnings over a lifetime period. In this theory higher education is the:
popular culture → The intangible world of ideas created by members of a society is referred to as:
Manifest Functions → Social structures sometimes have negative consequences for the operation of society as a whole. What is the term for these negative consequences?
Sapir-Whorf thesis (point) → The recognized and intended consequences of a social pattern are referred to as: