5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- popular culture
- Social Dysfunctions
- a A logical system that bases knowledge on direct systematic observation.
- b Social structures sometimes have negative consequences for the operation of society as a whole. What is the term for these negative consequences?
- c Gerhard Lenski claimed that which of the following has the greatest power to shape a society.
- d Standards by which people who share culture define what is desireable, good and beautiful are called:
- e Cultural patterns that are widespread among a societies population are referred to as:
5 Multiple choice questions
- Three of the following statements below are part of the definition of a cause and effect relationship. One is not. Which one is not?
- A theory states that increasing a person's formal education results in increased earnings over a lifetime period. In this theory higher education is the:
- Low income countries have cultures that value which of the following?
- Imagine that you were going to measure the age of a number of respondents taking part in a survey. As you record the data you are using the concept (age) as:
- People see the world through the cultural lens of their language.
5 True/False questions
Theory → Standards by which people who share culture define what is desireable, good and beautiful are called:
cultural lag (example) → Passing cultural patterns from one generation to another.
Reliability (process of measurement) → ________ are rules about everyday casual living; _________ are rules with great moral significance.
Auguste Comte → The term sociology was coined in 1838 by?
society → Which of the following concepts refers to people who interact in a defined territory and share culture.