← Final Study Guide Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- folways; mores
- popular culture
- Both variables shown to independant
- Reliability (process of measurement)
- a Three of the following statements below are part of the definition of a cause and effect relationship. One is not. Which one is not?
- b Cultural patterns that are widespread among a societies population are referred to as:
- c Whether repeating the measurement yields consistent results.
- d A statement of how and why specific facts are related is called a:
- e ________ are rules about everyday casual living; _________ are rules with great moral significance.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The intangible world of ideas created by members of a society is referred to as:
- Social structures sometimes have negative consequences for the operation of society as a whole. What is the term for these negative consequences?
- The term sociology was coined in 1838 by?
- A theory states that increasing a person's formal education results in increased earnings over a lifetime period. In this theory higher education is the:
- Passing cultural patterns from one generation to another.
5 True/False Questions
Sociology → Gerhard Lenski claimed that which of the following has the greatest power to shape a society.
cultural lag (example) → Passing cultural patterns from one generation to another.
Variable → Imagine that you were going to measure the age of a number of respondents taking part in a survey. As you record the data you are using the concept (age) as:
Sapir-Whorf thesis (point) → People see the world through the cultural lens of their language.
Science → A logical system that bases knowledge on direct systematic observation.