5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Social Dysfunctions
- Dependant Variable
- popular culture
- symbol(defines by sociologists)
- a Social structures sometimes have negative consequences for the operation of society as a whole. What is the term for these negative consequences?
- b Anything that carries meaning to people who sahre a culture.
- c Which of the following concepts refers to people who interact in a defined territory and share culture.
- d Cultural patterns that are widespread among a societies population are referred to as:
- e A theory states that increasing a person's formal education results in increased earnings over a lifetime period. In this theory higher education is the:
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The recognized and intended consequences of a social pattern are referred to as:
- The term sociology was coined in 1838 by?
- The intangible world of ideas created by members of a society is referred to as:
- Two variables are said to display coorelation if:
- Standards by which people who share culture define what is desireable, good and beautiful are called:
5 True/False Questions
cultural transmission → Gaining the ability to modify genetic patterns before understanding the possible social consequences of this kind of work.
technology → Gerhard Lenski claimed that which of the following has the greatest power to shape a society.
Reliability (process of measurement) → Whether repeating the measurement yields consistent results.
Both variables shown to independant → Three of the following statements below are part of the definition of a cause and effect relationship. One is not. Which one is not?
Science → Which of the following concepts refers to people who interact in a defined territory and share culture.