5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Reliability (process of measurement)
- Social Dysfunctions
- a Whether repeating the measurement yields consistent results.
- b Social structures sometimes have negative consequences for the operation of society as a whole. What is the term for these negative consequences?
- c Which disipline defines itself as the systematic study of human society?
- d Standards by which people who share culture define what is desireable, good and beautiful are called:
- e Which of the following concepts refers to people who interact in a defined territory and share culture.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A logical system that bases knowledge on direct systematic observation.
- ________ are rules about everyday casual living; _________ are rules with great moral significance.
- Two variables are said to display coorelation if:
- Gaining the ability to modify genetic patterns before understanding the possible social consequences of this kind of work.
- A theory states that increasing a person's formal education results in increased earnings over a lifetime period. In this theory higher education is the:
5 True/False questions
cultural transmission → Passing cultural patterns from one generation to another.
Theory → A statement of how and why specific facts are related is called a:
Auguste Comte → The term sociology was coined in 1838 by?
economic survival → Low income countries have cultures that value which of the following?
Sapir-Whorf thesis (point) → The recognized and intended consequences of a social pattern are referred to as: