5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Auguste Comte
- Both variables shown to independant
- vary together
- popular culture
- Manifest Functions
- a The recognized and intended consequences of a social pattern are referred to as:
- b Two variables are said to display coorelation if:
- c Three of the following statements below are part of the definition of a cause and effect relationship. One is not. Which one is not?
- d Cultural patterns that are widespread among a societies population are referred to as:
- e The term sociology was coined in 1838 by?
5 Multiple choice questions
- A logical system that bases knowledge on direct systematic observation.
- People see the world through the cultural lens of their language.
- A theory states that increasing a person's formal education results in increased earnings over a lifetime period. In this theory higher education is the:
- The intangible world of ideas created by members of a society is referred to as:
- Low income countries have cultures that value which of the following?
5 True/False questions
cultural lag (example) → Gaining the ability to modify genetic patterns before understanding the possible social consequences of this kind of work.
symbol(defines by sociologists) → Which disipline defines itself as the systematic study of human society?
Theory → Standards by which people who share culture define what is desireable, good and beautiful are called:
mores → Standards by which people who share culture define what is desireable, good and beautiful are called:
society → Which of the following concepts refers to people who interact in a defined territory and share culture.