5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- kaposi sarcoma
- a fungal infection
- b malignant tumor of the blood vessels associated with AIDS
- c infections that occur when the body's defenses are weak
- d a response of body tissues to injury or irritation. causes swelling
- e injection of a weakened or mild form of a pathogen to produce temporary immunity.
5 Multiple choice questions
- reaction of immune response to one's own tissues
- an organism that lives in or on another organism; one who lives off another person. ex: bacteria, virus, fungus
- a benign, superficial wart-like growth on the epithelial tissue or elsewhere in the body.
- "Partial-thickness burn" blistering, some swelling and pink-red color. involves epidermis and upper layer of the dermis.
5 True/False questions
risk factors → anything that increases the likely hood of diseases, injury, or other health problems. examples: genetic factors, age, lifestyle, stress, enviornment, preexisting conditions
disease → infection of the skin caused by a fungus. athletes foot, ringworm. Be careful not to pet stray kittens
degeneration → the process of declining from a higher to a lower level of effective power or vitality or essential quality. ex. degenerative diseases
chondroma → A cancerous tumor
squamous cell carcinoma → Type of skin cancer more serious than basal cell carcinoma; often characterized by scaly red papules or nodules.