← Diseases Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a Increase in NUMBER of cells. Ex callus, goiter. Normal cells
- b the process of declining from a higher to a lower level of effective power or vitality or essential quality. ex. degenerative diseases
- c new tumor growth that can be benign or malignant
- d a period in which symptoms and signs stop.
- e infections that occur when the body's defenses are weak
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a change in the structure of cells and in their orientation to each other.
- fungal infection
- injection of a weakened or mild form of a pathogen to produce temporary immunity.
- reaction of immune response to one's own tissues
- microscopic, unicellular protozoa found in decaying organic material at the bottom of bodies of fresh water. Parasite
5 True/False Questions
hives → Objective evidence of disease observed on physical exams- abnormal pulse,fever,sweating,pallor
2nd degree burn → "Partial-thickness burn" blistering, some swelling and pink-red color. involves epidermis and upper layer of the dermis.
nevus → Red, itchy, possibly raised blotches on the skin that often result from allergic reactions, stress
psoriasis → contagious skin disease caused by an itch mite burrowing under the skin
chondroma → benign tumor of consisting of bone tissue