5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Red, itchy, possibly raised blotches on the skin that often result from allergic reactions, stress
- b new tumor growth that can be benign or malignant
- c the combination of physical, mental/emotional, and social well-being
- d A cancerous tumor
- e malignant black mole or malignant tumor of the skin.
5 Multiple choice questions
- contagious skin disease caused by an itch mite burrowing under the skin
- ultramicroscopic infectious agent that replicates itself only within cells of living hosts. Parasite.
- Type of skin cancer more serious than basal cell carcinoma; often characterized by scaly red papules or nodules.
- microscopic, unicellular protozoa found in decaying organic material at the bottom of bodies of fresh water. Parasite
- a very contagious infection of the skin. bacterial infection, seen in children
5 True/False questions
basal cell → Most common skin cancer: slow growing, appears as a waxy raised lesion with a pearly border, most commonly associated with sun exposure
osteoma → single-celled organisms that lack a nucleus, parasite. classified by shaped, size staining properties(gram pos. or neg.), aerobic, anaaerobic
vaccination → injection of a weakened or mild form of a pathogen to produce temporary immunity.
autoimmunity → a response of body tissues to injury or irritation. causes swelling
epidemiology → study of the cause of disease