← Diseases Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- decubitus ulcer
- a A pressure-induced ulceration of the skin occurring in persons confined to bed for long periods of time. bedsore
- b an organism that lives in or on another organism; one who lives off another person. ex: bacteria, virus, fungus
- c Branch of medical science concerned with the incidence, distribution, and control of diseases that affect large numbers of people.
- d benign tumor of fat cell
- e an especially dangerous cancer of the pigmented cells of the skin, related to sun exposure in people with light-colored skin. can develop from a mole.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- fleas, ticks, lice, scabies.
can carry disease. small animal. can be seen
- the spread of cancer cells beyond the original site of growth
- a benign, superficial wart-like growth on the epithelial tissue or elsewhere in the body.
- pertaining to disease of unknown origin
5 True/False Questions
inflammation → the process of declining from a higher to a lower level of effective power or vitality or essential quality. ex. degenerative diseases
degeneration → a response of body tissues to injury or irritation. causes swelling
tumors → a parasitic plant lacking chlorophyll and leaves and true stems and roots and reproducing by spores. ex: athletes foot, ringworm
pandemic → an epidemic that is geographically widespread. worldwide
vector → ultramicroscopic infectious agent that replicates itself only within cells of living hosts. Parasite.