6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Deoxyribonucleic acid; the molecule that carries the hereditary information of the cell, it is the chemical blueprint for living things. It carries coded information that determines the features of an organism and ensures that these are copied and passed on to any offspring.
- first and longest phase of mitosis, during which the chromosomes become visible and the centrioles separate and take up positions on the opposite sides of the nucleus
- one of the two strands of a chromosome that become visible during meiosis or mitosis
- cell growth phase where a cell increases in size, carries on metabolism, and duplicates chromosomes prior to division
- splits the cytoplasm of a dividing cell into daughter cells
5 True/False questions
centromere → cell growth phase where a cell increases in size, carries on metabolism, and duplicates chromosomes prior to division
reproductive process of cells, the cells nucleus divides so each new cell will have the same type and number of chromosomes as the parent cell
daughter cells → The cells that are produced as a result of mitosis. These cells are identical to each other, and also to the original parent cell.
anaphase → in this stage, the chormosomes are pullled away from thhe middle to the spindle poles of the cell
mitosis → second phase of mitosis, during which the chromosomes line up across the center of the cell