6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- gel-like material inside the cell membrane of animals and plants; it is constantly moving, most of the cell;s life processes take place in the cytoplasm. .
- one of the two strands of a chromosome that become visible during meiosis or mitosis
- A structure that surrounds a cell, providng a barrier between the inside of a cell and the cells exterior enviornment
- last phase of mitosis, chromosome are in two new cells and nuclear membranes start to reform
- Deoxyribonucleic acid; the molecule that carries the hereditary information of the cell, it is the chemical blueprint for living things. It carries coded information that determines the features of an organism and ensures that these are copied and passed on to any offspring.
5 True/False questions
metaphase → second phase of mitosis, during which the chromosomes line up across the center of the cell
chromosomes → one of the two strands of a chromosome that become visible during meiosis or mitosis
interphase → second phase of mitosis, during which the chromosomes line up across the center of the cell
spindle fibers → a specialized condensed region of each chromosome that appears during mitosis where the chromatids are held together to form an X shape
mitosis → has chromosomes that contain complex chemical information that directs all the celll;s activities, a membrane-enclosed command center in the cytoplasm of animal and plant cells