6 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- splits the cytoplasm of a dividing cell into daughter cells
- Deoxyribonucleic acid; the molecule that carries the hereditary information of the cell, it is the chemical blueprint for living things. It carries coded information that determines the features of an organism and ensures that these are copied and passed on to any offspring.
- The cells that are produced as a result of mitosis. These cells are identical to each other, and also to the original parent cell.
- A structure that surrounds a cell, providng a barrier between the inside of a cell and the cells exterior enviornment
- last phase of mitosis, chromosome are in two new cells and nuclear membranes start to reform
5 True/False Questions
chromatid → threadlike structure within the nucleus containing the genetic information that is passed from one generation of cells to the next
reproductive process of cells, the cells nucleus divides so each new cell will have the same type and number of chromosomes as the parent cell
centromere → a specialized condensed region of each chromosome that appears during mitosis where the chromatids are held together to form an X shape
chromosomes → one of the two strands of a chromosome that become visible during meiosis or mitosis
interphase → cell growth phase where a cell increases in size, carries on metabolism, and duplicates chromosomes prior to division