5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- social stratification
- a one drop of blood automatically makes you only a member of that race. (slave code/classification- black blood)
- b ranks people in hierarchal order.
- c both ovaries and testes.
- d physical attractions, emotional, social, fantasy, behaviors and self identity.
- e 'genetic' the biological distinctions & features between males females, and intersexed. there are five sexes - female/male/herms/merms/ferms. (genetic determinations)
5 Multiple choice questions
- express feelings but has not been through that situation.
- perceived by others to have shared cultural characteristics. (language, symbols, religion)
- socially defined position a person occupies in society.
- immerse yourself in your own culture. 'my culture is the right one'. no awareness of others.
- individual that looks a certain race, sounds like a certain race and is automatically "passed off" or assumed as that race.
5 True/False questions
hegemonic → both ovaries and testes.
gender system → the socialization system of gender roles . ex: men and masculinity
essentialism → human behavior is essential *
stereotypes → rigid, over simplified exaggerated beliefs to categories of people.
sympathy → express feelings but has not been through that situation.