5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- p.55 1) All living things are made of one or more cells ; 2) Cells are the basic units of structure and function in organisms ; 3) All cells arise from existing cells.
- p.58 internal compartment that houses the cell's DNA
- p.58 structure that carries out specific activities in the cell.
- p.66 stores water and may contain substances including ions, nutrients and wastes.
- p.66 Organelles that use light energy to make carbohydrates from carbon dioxide and water.
- a nucleus
- b central vacuole
- c chloroplasts
- d cell theory
- e organelle
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- endoplasmic reticulum
- the scanning tunneling microscope
- cell membrane
5 True/False Questions
p.51 forms an image of a specimen using a beam of electrons rather than light → electron microscope
p.56 system of microscopic fibers → cytoskeleton
p.51 the quality of making an image appear larger than it's actual size. → magnification
p.60 lipid made of a phosphate group and two fatty acids. → cytoskeleton
p56 cell interior → cytoplasm