5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- axis (pivot point)
- nervous tissue
- sensory epithelium
- articulating bones
- a one of four basic types of tissue that is able to be stimulated, conduct a stimulus, and respond to stimulation
- b part of a lever system that the lever itself turns around. also called fulcrum.
- c chronic inflammation of joint resulting from damage to the hyaline cartilage
- d tissue containing specialized cells that are able to perceive and conduct specific stimuli
- e bones that contact each other to form a joint
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- not under conscious control
- strong, solid connective tissue that contains calcium salts deposited in its ground substance
- small, flattened sacs of synovial fluid that decrease friction between structures
- continuous structure that covers the body, protecting it from outside
- the ability of ground substances to become more liquid as movement and temperature of tissue increases.
5 True/False Questions
Epidermis → mostly dense connective tissue layer found deep to the epidermis and containing hair follicles, glands, nerves, blood vessels, and tiny muscles
deep → regional term indicating further from the surface of the body
static stabilizer → structures that limit or control movement by contracting and stretching.
anatomy → the study of an organism's structure
longitudinal axis → imaginary line that intersects the frontal plane at a right angle around which abduction and adduction occurs