5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- All borreliae that cause disease in the US are transmitted via tick bites an are named after what?
- Borrelia burgdorferi, which is a lyme disease agent, is transmitted through which tick?
- spirochete- borrelia category ID
- because mycoplasmas have no cell wall, they are highly susceptible to what?
- a a zoonosis with a worldwide distribution
- b the tick from which they are recovered.
- c somewhat thicker than treponema with fewer and looser coils
- d Ixodes tick
- e drying out
- use transport media, especially when specimens are collected on swabs
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- all stages
-larva, nymph and adult
- Borrelia burgdorferi
B. afzelii and
hemadsorb them (RBCs stick to the colonies)
by louse or tick carrying Borrelia recurrentis
5 True/False Questions
Direct detection methods fro mycoplasmas → PCR
Mycoplasmas belong to what class meaning 'soft skin' in latin? → ferments glucose to lactic acid so pH change will be evident
Why can serology testing for relapsing fever caused by lyme disease be unreliable? → months to years
the most common cause of atypical pneumoniae and community acquired pneumonia → Mycoplasma pneumoniae
Anicteric Leptospirosis → a zoonosis with a worldwide distribution