5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Borrelia grown in vitro are what?
- M. pneumoniae infections are self-limited and resistant to what?
- what is the primary screening method for measuring lyme disease antibodies?
- Borrelia pathogenesis
- spirochete- treponema category ID
causative agents of tick-borne and louse-borne relapsing fever and tic-borne Lyme disease in humans
- b ALL beta-lactams
-due to no cell wall for BPB function
- c ELISA
because it's quick, reproducible and relatively inexpensive
- d slender with tight coils
- e microaerophilic
5 Multiple choice questions
- the tick from which they are recovered.
same as Axial filaments
-flagella like organelles that wrap around bacteria's cell wall
- Giemsa stain
- atypical pneumonia
5 True/False questions
because mycoplasmas have no cell wall, they are highly susceptible to what? → they do not have a cell wall
How is Human relapsing Fever transmitted? →
CALIFORNIA, Europe, russia, oregon
drug of choice for all treponemal infections →
What causes venereal syphilis? → Treponema pallidum
spirochete- borrelia category ID → resemble borrelia except for their hooked ends