5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Although Borrelia burgdorferi can be visualized and cultured, what test is best for diagnosing?
- In what area of the human body are mycoplasmas considered normal flora?
- Borrelia burgdorferi, which is a lyme disease agent, is transmitted through which tick?
- spirochete- borrelia category ID
- Vincent's disease is caused by:
- a somewhat thicker than treponema with fewer and looser coils
- b serology test - the standard for lyme disease testing
- c Ixodes tick
- d treponema (spirochete)
causes acute necrotizing ulcerative gingivitis
look at methylene blue stained material from the lesions
upper respiratory tract
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- plate-like structures that attach the fibrils within the cell wall
- the tick from which they are recovered.
- atypical pneumonia
- Giemsa stain
same as Axial filaments
-flagella like organelles that wrap around bacteria's cell wall
5 True/False Questions
Mycoplasmas belong to what class meaning 'soft skin' in latin? →
two hard ticks from the Ixodes genus → - FTA-ABS- fluorescent treponemal AB absorption test
(used only for confirmation- not screening)
-TP-PA- T. pallidum particle agglutination test
two most widely used NON treponemal serologic tests: →
the serological test for treponematosis tests for what antibody types? → VDRL- venereal disease research lab test
RPR- rapid plasma reagin test
(both are FLOCCULATION or AGGLUTINATION tests)
What is the most common vector-borne disease in North America and Europe? → Lyme disease