5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Why can serology testing for relapsing fever caused by lyme disease be unreliable?
- what is developed in tertiary - or late stage syphilis?
- two genera of the Mycoplasmataceae family
- what is the primary screening method for measuring lyme disease antibodies?
- What causes venereal syphilis?
- a Mycoplasma
- b ELISA
because it's quick, reproducible and relatively inexpensive
- c Treponema pallidum
-granuloma-like lesions in any organ
- e because of the many antigenic shifts Borrelia organisms undergo during disease course
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Giemsa stain
- slender with tight coils
- serology test - the standard for lyme disease testing
5 True/False Questions
Mycoplasma pneumoniae cultivation → Giemsa stain
Nonspecific production of cold agglutinins occurs in 50% of patients with what? → atypical pneumonia
Weil's Disease → plate-like structures that attach the fibrils within the cell wall
spirochete- leptospira category ID → resemble borrelia except for their hooked ends
Borrelia burgdorferi, which is a lyme disease agent, is transmitted through which tick? → Ixodes