5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Wisdom in these passages represents? Prov. 8:22-36; Sirach 24:1-12; Wisdom 7-9
- Describe the Son of Man in Daniel 7:13-14.
- What do the dry bones signify in Ezekiel 37?
- What new belief is emerging in Daniel and Maccabees?
- Ezekiel is called the Father of what?
- a Ezekiel is the father of Judaism
- b Personified wisdom (wisdom is shown as a person)
- c Is not about resurrection of the dead, but a message of hope for the people that they will be raised up after the exile
- d Is given power and glory and he is brought to the throne of god (and seated at the right hand of the Lord)
- e The belief in the afterlife
5 Multiple choice questions
- About an unknown suffering person whose sufferings redeem others
- Reality is a mystery
- Myth means a deeper spiritual truth than ordinary pros would
- The two people who led the people back to Jerusalem to rebuild after the exile, Ezra is a priest, and Nehemiah is governor; Ezra was also responsible for editing the Old Testament
- Remind them of the Torah (1st 5 books of the bible)
5 True/False questions
Explain the symbolism of the Potter and the Clay in Jeremiah 18 → The New covenant will be written on people's hearts
Explain Jeremiah 31:31ff and the New Covenant. → Book of constellations; Good news of announcing the return after end the exile and new exodusDesert signifies the time of the people in the desert when the people were faithful
What is the Book of Psalms? → 3 different authors Historical- Isaiah of Jerusalem (before exile) chapters 1-39 After exile- chapters 40-55 written by his disciples/followers After exile- chapters 56-66 written by his disciples/followers
At least how many authors are there of Job? → Reality is a mystery
What is the "intent of the author" with respect to Genesis 1? → Why the good (innocent) suffer