5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Explain Isaiah 40. What does the desert signify?
- Who were Ezra and Nehemiah?
- What is the Book of Psalms?
- At least how many authors are there of Job?
- What new belief is emerging in Daniel and Maccabees?
- a The hymn book of the second temple
- b 2
- c Book of constellations; Good news of announcing the return after end the exile and new exodusDesert signifies the time of the people in the desert when the people were faithful
- d The two people who led the people back to Jerusalem to rebuild after the exile, Ezra is a priest, and Nehemiah is governor; Ezra was also responsible for editing the Old Testament
- e The belief in the afterlife
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Reality is a mystery
- Is not about resurrection of the dead, but a message of hope for the people that they will be raised up after the exile
- There is only one God, creation is good, creation comes about through the word and liturgical interests/Sabbath services
- Remind them of the Torah (1st 5 books of the bible)
- 3 different authors Historical- Isaiah of Jerusalem (before exile) chapters 1-39 After exile- chapters 40-55 written by his disciples/followers After exile- chapters 56-66 written by his disciples/followers
5 True/False Questions
What question does the Book of Job attempt to answer? → Why the good (innocent) suffer
What is the "abomination of desolation" and what Jewish festival celebrated its removal? → The statue of Zeus in the book of Maccabees; Hanukkah
Who in Genesis is Daniel like? Why? → Daniel is like Joseph because he interprets dreams
Explain the symbolism of the Potter and the Clay in Jeremiah 18 → God is potter people are clay
Explain Jeremiah 31:31ff and the New Covenant. → Book of constellations; Good news of announcing the return after end the exile and new exodusDesert signifies the time of the people in the desert when the people were faithful