5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Wisdom in these passages represents? Prov. 8:22-36; Sirach 24:1-12; Wisdom 7-9
- Explain Jeremiah 31:31ff and the New Covenant.
- What does the fact that it is divided into 5 sections signify?
- Explain the 4th suffering servant poem in Is. 52:13-53:12.
- What is the "intent of the author" with respect to Genesis 1?
- a Remind them of the Torah (1st 5 books of the bible)
- b There is only one God, creation is good, creation comes about through the word and liturgical interests/Sabbath services
- c About an unknown suffering person whose sufferings redeem others
- d Personified wisdom (wisdom is shown as a person)
- e The New covenant will be written on people's hearts
5 Multiple choice questions
- Myth means a deeper spiritual truth than ordinary pros would
- The hymn book of the second temple
- Why the good (innocent) suffer
- Book of constellations; Good news of announcing the return after end the exile and new exodusDesert signifies the time of the people in the desert when the people were faithful
5 True/False questions
Describe the Son of Man in Daniel 7:13-14. → Daniel is like Joseph because he interprets dreams
What new belief is emerging in Daniel and Maccabees? → Reality is a mystery
What is the meaning of faith in Job? → The hymn book of the second temple
What is the significance of Jeremiah's—1) burying his underwear in the ground? 2) buying a piece of land and burying the deed in the ground? → Burying underwear makes it dirty and rotten and symbolizes people because they are rotten because they were unfaithful Buying a piece of land and burying the deed in the ground is a message of hope
What is the "abomination of desolation" and what Jewish festival celebrated its removal? → There is only one God, creation is good, creation comes about through the word and liturgical interests/Sabbath services