5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is the meaning of faith in Job?
- Wisdom in these passages represents? Prov. 8:22-36; Sirach 24:1-12; Wisdom 7-9
- What is the "abomination of desolation" and what Jewish festival celebrated its removal?
- What question does the Book of Job attempt to answer?
- Explain what God says and is going to do about the Shepherds in Ezekiel 34.
- a Why the good (innocent) suffer
- b Sheppard are the elders (leaders); people are the sheep; God said he will replace the bad Sheppard and be the Sheppard himself
- c Personified wisdom (wisdom is shown as a person)
- d Reality is a mystery
- e The statue of Zeus in the book of Maccabees; Hanukkah
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The two people who led the people back to Jerusalem to rebuild after the exile, Ezra is a priest, and Nehemiah is governor; Ezra was also responsible for editing the Old Testament
- Ezekiel is the father of Judaism
- The New covenant will be written on people's hearts
- The hymn book of the second temple
5 True/False Questions
Explain the 3 Isaiahs. → 3 different authors Historical- Isaiah of Jerusalem (before exile) chapters 1-39 After exile- chapters 40-55 written by his disciples/followers After exile- chapters 56-66 written by his disciples/followers
What do the dry bones signify in Ezekiel 37? → Is not about resurrection of the dead, but a message of hope for the people that they will be raised up after the exile
What is the significance of Jeremiah's—1) burying his underwear in the ground? 2) buying a piece of land and burying the deed in the ground? → There is only one God, creation is good, creation comes about through the word and liturgical interests/Sabbath services
What theology is Job refuting? → The hymn book of the second temple
Explain the 4th suffering servant poem in Is. 52:13-53:12. → About an unknown suffering person whose sufferings redeem others