5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Explain the symbolism of the Potter and the Clay in Jeremiah 18
- Explain Jeremiah 31:31ff and the New Covenant.
- What question does the Book of Job attempt to answer?
- What does "myth" mean in reference to the first 11 chapters of Genesis?
- What is the "intent of the author" with respect to Genesis 1?
- a God is potter people are clay
- b Why the good (innocent) suffer
- c There is only one God, creation is good, creation comes about through the word and liturgical interests/Sabbath services
- d The New covenant will be written on people's hearts
- e Myth means a deeper spiritual truth than ordinary pros would
5 Multiple choice questions
- Daniel is like Joseph because he interprets dreams
- 3 different authors Historical- Isaiah of Jerusalem (before exile) chapters 1-39 After exile- chapters 40-55 written by his disciples/followers After exile- chapters 56-66 written by his disciples/followers
- Sheppard are the elders (leaders); people are the sheep; God said he will replace the bad Sheppard and be the Sheppard himself
- Is not about resurrection of the dead, but a message of hope for the people that they will be raised up after the exile
5 True/False questions
Describe the Son of Man in Daniel 7:13-14. → Is given power and glory and he is brought to the throne of god (and seated at the right hand of the Lord)
What does the fact that it is divided into 5 sections signify? → Is not about resurrection of the dead, but a message of hope for the people that they will be raised up after the exile
What is the meaning of faith in Job? → Reality is a mystery
Who were Ezra and Nehemiah? → The two people who led the people back to Jerusalem to rebuild after the exile, Ezra is a priest, and Nehemiah is governor; Ezra was also responsible for editing the Old Testament
Explain the 4th suffering servant poem in Is. 52:13-53:12. → Is given power and glory and he is brought to the throne of god (and seated at the right hand of the Lord)