5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What does "myth" mean in reference to the first 11 chapters of Genesis?
- What does the fact that it is divided into 5 sections signify?
- What does apocalyptic (encourage suffering people) mean?
- Describe the Son of Man in Daniel 7:13-14.
- What is the "abomination of desolation" and what Jewish festival celebrated its removal?
- a Is given power and glory and he is brought to the throne of god (and seated at the right hand of the Lord)
- b The statue of Zeus in the book of Maccabees; Hanukkah
- c Remind them of the Torah (1st 5 books of the bible)
- d revalation
- e Myth means a deeper spiritual truth than ordinary pros would
5 Multiple choice questions
- The belief in the afterlife
- There is only one God, creation is good, creation comes about through the word and liturgical interests/Sabbath services
- Burying underwear makes it dirty and rotten and symbolizes people because they are rotten because they were unfaithful Buying a piece of land and burying the deed in the ground is a message of hope
- Sheppard are the elders (leaders); people are the sheep; God said he will replace the bad Sheppard and be the Sheppard himself
- Two ways or Deuteronimist theology
5 True/False questions
At least how many authors are there of Job? → Reality is a mystery
What is the Book of Psalms? → 3 different authors Historical- Isaiah of Jerusalem (before exile) chapters 1-39 After exile- chapters 40-55 written by his disciples/followers After exile- chapters 56-66 written by his disciples/followers
Ezekiel is called the Father of what? → Ezekiel is the father of Judaism
Explain the 3 Isaiahs. → The hymn book of the second temple
Explain Jeremiah 31:31ff and the New Covenant. → Book of constellations; Good news of announcing the return after end the exile and new exodusDesert signifies the time of the people in the desert when the people were faithful