← Chapter 3 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- triangular trade
- Great Awakening
- Half-Way Covenant
- promissory note
- a A three way system of trade during 1600-1800s Africa sent slaves to America, America sent Raw Materials to Europe, and Europe sent Guns and Rum to Africa
- b Religious revival in the American colonies of the eighteenth century during which a number of new Protestant churches were established.
- c a person who believes that God created the universe and then abandoned it
- d a written contract with a promise to pay a supplier a specific sum of money at a definite time
- e A Puritan church document; In 1662, the Halfway Covenant allowed partial membership rights to persons not yet converted into the Puritan church; It lessened the difference between the "elect" members of the church from the regular members; Women soon made up a larger portion of Puritan congregations.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- products used to make or repair ships
- English mathematician and physicist
- Journalist who questioned the policies of the governor of New York in the 1700's. He was jailed; he sued, and this court case was the basis for our freedom of speech and press. He was found not guilty.
- The Virginia Company's system in which settlers and the family members who came with them each received 50 acres of land
- This theory made in the 17th and 18th centuries stated that god made a covenant or pact with "the elect" that when man fell, the elect would be saved.
5 True/False Questions
heliocentric universe → population growth measured as the excess of live births over deaths; does not reflect either emigrant or immigrant movements
established church → crops grown for commercial sale, usually produced in a colonial area and sold in europe. Most important crop grown in that area.
gender ratio → a person who believes that God created the universe and then abandoned it
indentured servant → A migrant to British colonies in the Americas who paid for passage by agreeing to work for a set term ranging from four to seven years.
natural increase → products used to make or repair ships