5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Half-Way Covenant
- established church
- gender ratio
- Benjamin Franklin
- Isaac Newton
- a A Puritan church document; In 1662, the Halfway Covenant allowed partial membership rights to persons not yet converted into the Puritan church; It lessened the difference between the "elect" members of the church from the regular members; Women soon made up a larger portion of Puritan congregations.
- b English mathematician and physicist
- c Printer, author, inventor, diplomat, statesman, and Founding Father. One of the few Americans who was highly respected in Europe, primarily due to his discoveries in the field of electricity.
- d number of males per 100 females in a populations.
- e the church that is recognized as the official church of a nation
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- crops grown for commercial sale, usually produced in a colonial area and sold in europe. Most important crop grown in that area.
- Charges that people put on another person that they didnt actually commit because they are mad at you
- Religious revival in the American colonies of the eighteenth century during which a number of new Protestant churches were established.
- Credited with starting the Great Awakening, also a leader of the "New Lights."
- a person who believes that God created the universe and then abandoned it
5 True/False Questions
headright system → products used to make or repair ships
John Locke → A square normally 6 miles on a side. The Land Ordinance of 1785 divided much of the United States into a series of townships.
naval stores → population growth measured as the excess of live births over deaths; does not reflect either emigrant or immigrant movements
heliocentric universe → A migrant to British colonies in the Americas who paid for passage by agreeing to work for a set term ranging from four to seven years.
balance of trade → A three way system of trade during 1600-1800s Africa sent slaves to America, America sent Raw Materials to Europe, and Europe sent Guns and Rum to Africa