5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- staple crop
- promissory note
- established church
- Jonathan Edwards
- a a written contract with a promise to pay a supplier a specific sum of money at a definite time
- b crops grown for commercial sale, usually produced in a colonial area and sold in europe. Most important crop grown in that area.
- c American theologian whose sermons and writings stimulated a period of renewed interest in religion in America (1703-1758)
- d the church that is recognized as the official church of a nation
- e A square normally 6 miles on a side. The Land Ordinance of 1785 divided much of the United States into a series of townships.
5 Multiple choice questions
- English empiricist philosopher who believed that all knowledge is derived from sensory experience (1632-1704)
- the mixing of cultures, ideas, and peoples that has changed the American nation. The United States, with its history of immigration, has often been called a melting pot.
- Charges that people put on another person that they didnt actually commit because they are mad at you
- number of males per 100 females in a populations.
- A migrant to British colonies in the Americas who paid for passage by agreeing to work for a set term ranging from four to seven years.
5 True/False questions
natural increase → products used to make or repair ships
headright system → The Virginia Company's system in which settlers and the family members who came with them each received 50 acres of land
triangular trade → A three way system of trade during 1600-1800s Africa sent slaves to America, America sent Raw Materials to Europe, and Europe sent Guns and Rum to Africa
covenant theory → This theory made in the 17th and 18th centuries stated that god made a covenant or pact with "the elect" that when man fell, the elect would be saved.
balance of trade → A three way system of trade during 1600-1800s Africa sent slaves to America, America sent Raw Materials to Europe, and Europe sent Guns and Rum to Africa