5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- gender ratio
- Isaac Newton
- natural increase
- Half-Way Covenant
- indentured servant
- a A migrant to British colonies in the Americas who paid for passage by agreeing to work for a set term ranging from four to seven years.
- b English mathematician and physicist
- c population growth measured as the excess of live births over deaths; does not reflect either emigrant or immigrant movements
- d A Puritan church document; In 1662, the Halfway Covenant allowed partial membership rights to persons not yet converted into the Puritan church; It lessened the difference between the "elect" members of the church from the regular members; Women soon made up a larger portion of Puritan congregations.
- e number of males per 100 females in a populations.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Charges that people put on another person that they didnt actually commit because they are mad at you
- Religious revival in the American colonies of the eighteenth century during which a number of new Protestant churches were established.
- This theory made in the 17th and 18th centuries stated that god made a covenant or pact with "the elect" that when man fell, the elect would be saved.
- sun center of universe; developed by copernicus
- the mixing of cultures, ideas, and peoples that has changed the American nation. The United States, with its history of immigration, has often been called a melting pot.
5 True/False Questions
triangular trade → A three way system of trade during 1600-1800s Africa sent slaves to America, America sent Raw Materials to Europe, and Europe sent Guns and Rum to Africa
Deist → a person who believes that God created the universe and then abandoned it
George Whitefield → number of males per 100 females in a populations.
staple crop → crops grown for commercial sale, usually produced in a colonial area and sold in europe. Most important crop grown in that area.
naval stores → population growth measured as the excess of live births over deaths; does not reflect either emigrant or immigrant movements