5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- promissory note
- gender ratio
- established church
- melting pot
- John Locke
- a the mixing of cultures, ideas, and peoples that has changed the American nation. The United States, with its history of immigration, has often been called a melting pot.
- b a written contract with a promise to pay a supplier a specific sum of money at a definite time
- c English empiricist philosopher who believed that all knowledge is derived from sensory experience (1632-1704)
- d number of males per 100 females in a populations.
- e the church that is recognized as the official church of a nation
5 Multiple choice questions
- population growth measured as the excess of live births over deaths; does not reflect either emigrant or immigrant movements
- A three way system of trade during 1600-1800s Africa sent slaves to America, America sent Raw Materials to Europe, and Europe sent Guns and Rum to Africa
- American theologian whose sermons and writings stimulated a period of renewed interest in religion in America (1703-1758)
- Journalist who questioned the policies of the governor of New York in the 1700's. He was jailed; he sued, and this court case was the basis for our freedom of speech and press. He was found not guilty.
- This theory made in the 17th and 18th centuries stated that god made a covenant or pact with "the elect" that when man fell, the elect would be saved.
5 True/False questions
naval stores → population growth measured as the excess of live births over deaths; does not reflect either emigrant or immigrant movements
Isaac Newton → English mathematician and physicist
township → A square normally 6 miles on a side. The Land Ordinance of 1785 divided much of the United States into a series of townships.
Half-Way Covenant → population growth measured as the excess of live births over deaths; does not reflect either emigrant or immigrant movements
indentured servant → A migrant to British colonies in the Americas who paid for passage by agreeing to work for a set term ranging from four to seven years.