5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Abnormalities of the placenta that can cause intrauterine growth retardation or fetal asphyxia include which of the following?
- Under what conditions can the principle of confidentiality be breached?
- When did the designation "respiratory therapist" become standard?
- Which accessory muscles of ventilation work to pull the ribs closer together?
- All of the following factors increase the risk of surgical patients for developing postoperative pneumonia except:
- a I. abnormal implantation of the placenta
II. separation of the placenta from the uterine wall
III. decreased placental blood flow
1. I, II, and III ***
2. II and III
3. I and II
4. I and III
- b when the welfare of the community or a vulnerable individual is at stake
- c internal intercostals
- d 1974
- e 1. history of smoking
3. all the above ***
4. prolonged intubation
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- system that is overwhelmed by excessive fluid
- An increase in VA will decrease PaCO2.
5 True/False Questions
Contemporary ethical principles have evolved from all of the following sources except: → spinal nerves C3 to C5
All of the following will cause an increase in the pressure energy required for inspiration EXCEPT which one? → increased compliance
By which of the following means can the internal energy of a substance be increased? → I. cooling the substance
II. performing work on the substance
III. heating the substance
2. I, II, and III
3. I and II
4. II and III ***
The underlying goal of the body's cardiovascular control mechanisms is to ensure that all tissues receive which of the following? → closure of the aortic valve
Which of the following statements is NOT true about type 1 and type 2 diabetes?
1. Genetics may play a role in both type 1 and type 2.
2. Type 2 is much more common than type 1.
3. Type 1 is most often due to increased caloric intake.
4. Type 1 often occurs initially in childhood. → Type 1 is most often due to increased caloric intake.