5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- A nurse who practices below a reasonable standard of care is committing what type of malpractice?
- For healthy individuals at rest, which of the following statements about exhalation is true?
- In 1846, who developed a water seal spirometer, which allowed accurate measurement of the patient's vital capacity?
- Which of the following formulas are used to compute the time constant of a lung unit?
- All of the following are common elements in a professional practice act except:
- a civil
- b Exhalation will be passive, due to inspiratory stored potential energy.
- c Hutchinson
- d resistance ´ compliance
- e 1. requirements and qualifications for licensure
2. scope of professional practice
3. professional code of ethics
5 Multiple choice questions
- Robert Boyle
- thoracic compression
- balance between sympathetic and parasympathetic tone
5 True/False questions
What is the phenomenon whereby a liquid in a small tube tends to move upward against the force of gravity? → Capillary action
Blockage of the pulmonary arterial circulation to a portion of the lung would cause which of the following? → increase in alveolar dead space
Which of the following statements apply to a lung unit with higher resistance than normal? → The EPP normally occurs at volumes greatly below the FRC.
Significant loss of blood volume causes an increase in which of the following? → I. vascular tone
II. secretion of antidiuretic hormone (ADH)
III. heart rate
1. I, II, and III ***
2. I and II
3. II and III
4. I and III
The adult trachea is approximately how long? → 10 to 12 cm