5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- When a respiratory therapist defers a patient's questions about a condition to the attending physician, what ethical principle is being practiced?
- Normal lung compliance is approximately which of the following?
- Identify functions of airway mucus in the normal lung.
- Which of the following statements is NOT true regarding the use of phenolics as a disinfectant?
- Which of the following is FALSE about viscosity?
- a Viscosity is most important under conditions of turbulent flow.
- b 0.20 L/cm H2O
- c They are ineffective on surfaces shortly after application.
- d role fidelity
- e I. increased mucus production decreases bronchospasm
II. protect the airways from excessive water loss
III. shield the airway from toxic particles
IV. trap inhaled contaminants
1. I and IV
2. I, II, and III
3. III, and IV
4. II, III, and IV ***
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- evidence-based medicine
- vocal cord impairment or paralysis
- I. external intercostals
II. external obliques
III. internal obliques
IV. rectus abdominous
1. I and IV
2. II, III, and IV
3. I, II, III, and IV
4. I, II, and III ***
- simple diffusion
- capacity and resistance of blood vessels
5 True/False Questions
Which of the following diseases or disorders is most likely to result in an increased VD/VT ratio? → pulmonary embolus
At what point does the trachea branch into two mainstem bronchi? → carina
All of the following are common elements in a professional practice act except: → 1. requirements and qualifications for licensure
2. scope of professional practice
3. professional code of ethics
By which of the following means can the internal energy of a substance be increased? → all the above
What is normal amount of anatomic deadspace found in a healthy lung? → 2 ml/kg ideal body weight