5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which of the following is the most important ventilatory function of the scalene muscles?
- Which of the following diseases or disorders is most likely to result in an increased VD/VT ratio?
- How does the lung parenchyma receive most of its oxygen?
- Which of the following is NOT predicted to be a growing trend in respiratory care for the future?
- By what mechanism does gas exchange across the lung occur?
- a from the alveolar gases
- b pulmonary embolus
- c lift upper chest particularly during times of high ventilatory demand
- d simple diffusion
- e increased use of intravascular lines for patient monitoring
5 Multiple choice questions
- It receives blood from right and left ventricles.
- The patient is hypoventilating.
- change in volume/change in pressure
- Halving the tube radius will require a 16-time increase in driving pressure.
5 True/False questions
Three folds of tissue between the posterior base of the tongue and the epiglottis form a small space that is a key landmark in oral intubation. What is this called? → 2 cm
To monitor correctness of respiratory care plans, which of the following should be used? → 0.5 to 2.5 cm H2O/L/sec
The responsibilities of a respiratory care department manager include all of the following except: → regulate medications delivered by respiratory care staff
All of the following will cause an increase in the pressure energy required for inspiration EXCEPT which one? → increased compliance
Which of the following is an index commonly used to determine relative lung maturity? → The process of evaporation warms the surrounding air.