5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the single best indicator of the adequacy or effectiveness of VA?
- According to Graham's law, which of the following gases would diffuse most quickly?
- During each cycle of normal resting ventilation, a volume of gas is moved into and out of the respiratory tract. This cyclical volume is called the:
- Which accessory muscles are active during resting and active inspiration and pull up on all the ribs expanding the thorax?
- Which of the following equations can be used to calculate the pressure exerted by a liquid?
- a external intercostals
- b PaCO2
- c liquid pressure = liquid density ´ liquid depth
- d Gas density X 0.543 g/L
- e tidal volume (VT)
5 Multiple choice questions
- psychoanalysis (Freud)
- alter local blood flow according to tissue needs
- distributive justice
- The pressures in the atria exceed those in the ventricles.
5 True/False questions
Treatment based on careful review of available literature is known as: → 2 cm
Who is considered to be the "father of medicine"? → Viscosity is most important under conditions of turbulent flow.
Which of the following is FALSE about liquid bubbles? → I. Boiling a liquid requires more energy than does evaporating it.
II. A liquid's boiling point varies with the atmospheric pressure.
III. The greater the ambient pressure, the lower is the boiling point.
1. I, II, and III ***
2. I and III
3. II and III
4. I and II
Which of the following is FALSE about evaporation? → SVR is normally approximately 10 times higher than PVR.
What is the pattern of flow in which a fluid moves in discrete cylindrical streamlines? → steam sterilization