5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Which of the following is/are TRUE about molecular water vapor?
- Which of the following statements is NOT true regarding the use of phenolics as a disinfectant?
- What is called the "functional unit of the lungs"?
- Mixing of venous blood with arterial blood (a right-to-left shunt) occurs normally because of which of the following?
- What is the mediastinum?
- a They are ineffective on surfaces shortly after application.
- b structure separating the right and left thoracic cavities
- c acinus
- d I. congenital cardiac defects
II. bronchial venous drainage
III. thebesian venous drainage in the heart
1. I only
2. I, II, and III ***
3. II and III
4. II only
- e all the above
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 10 to 12 cm
- perfusion according to their metabolic needs
5 True/False Questions
What is the normal increase in ventilation that occurs with increased metabolic rates called? → therapist
For a given transpulmonary pressure gradient and inflation time, which of the following lung units would exhibit the greatest change in volume? → 0.5 to 2.5 cm H2O/L/sec
On inspecting a volume-pressure curve of the lungs and thorax, an increase in the mechanical work of breathing above normal would always be indicated by which of the following? → increase in the area of the volume-pressure curve
What is the affect on the cardiovascular medullary centers when the cerebral carbon dioxide is low? → inhibitory
At what temperature does all kinetic activity of matter cease? → 0°K