5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Relocation diffusion
- absolute location
- Remote sensing
- Culture trait
- a A common property of distribution, which is the geometric arrangement of objects in space.
- b The position of place of a certain item on the surface of the Earth as expressed in degrees, minutes, and seconds of latitude, 0° to 90° north or south of the equator, and longitude, 0° to 180° east or west of the Prime Meridian passing through Greenwich, England.
- c A single element of normal practice in a culture, such as the wearing of a turban.
- d sequential diffusion process in which the items being diffused are transmitted by their carrier agents as they evacuate the old areas and relocate to new ones. The most common form of relocation diffusion involves the spreading of innovations by a migrating population.
- e A method of collecting data or information through the use of instruments that are physically distant from the area or object of study.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The forms and artifacts sequentially placed on the natural landscape by the activities of various human occupants. By this progressive imprinting of the human presence forming an interacting unity between the two.
- image or picture of the way space is organized as determined by an individual's perception, impression, and knowledge of that space
- seeking to understand the changing spatial organization and material character of Earth's surface. One of the critical advantages of this is the attention it focuses on how phenomena are related to one another in particular places.
- Culture complexes have traits in common and so it is possible to group certain complexes together as.
- The spread of an innovation or an idea through a population in an area in such a way that the number of those influenced grows continuously larger, resulting in an expanding area of dissemination.
5 True/False Questions
Formal region → A type of region marked by a certain degree of homogeneity in one or more phenomena; also called uniform region or homogeneous region.
Map → A common property of distribution, which is the geometric arrangement of objects in space.
Culture realm → A cluster of regions in which related culture systems prevail. In North America, the united states and Canada form a culture realm, but Mexico belongs to a different one.
Culture complex → A related set of culture traits, such as prevailing dress codes and cooking and eating utensils.
Contagious diffusion → The spread of an underlying principle, even though a specific characteristic is rejected.