5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who would be most threatened by the social contract theory?
- According to the law of supply and demand, if strawberries become scarce due to a drought in berry-producing regions, what happens to the price of berries?
- John Locke believed...
- a a plan that provides rules for government
- b the state exists to serve the will of the people
- c divine right advocates
- d independent states that agree to form a ____ may still retain their separate identities
- e the price would rise
5 Multiple choice questions
- the power to make law and frame public policies
- a constitution
- requires that power be divided between a state's central and local levels of government
- the power the interpret laws, determine their meaning, and settle disputes within a society
- any system of government in which a small group holds power
5 True/False questions
What is Not a feature of all the states in today's world? → with a single person
Capitalism → the effort to control or influence the government
For what reason might the ruler in a dictatorship feel threatened by the existence of the Internet? → the internet might provide a forum through which people could unite and rebel
In a democracy, the will of the majority... → cannot be used to deprive rights to a member of a minority group
These nation are in the early stages of industry and technology. → representative democracy