5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What form of energy is found in the food we eat?
- States of Matter
- The electron acceptor acquires a net negative charge called...
- a large compound formed from combinations of many monomers
- b Chemical energy- as you digest food (metabolism) it is broken down and ATP is formed to power processes in the body.
- c is defined as the capacity to do work, or to put matter into motion.
- d exists in solid, liquid, and gaseous states. Examples of each state are found in the human body.
- e anion
5 Multiple choice questions
- known as (saturated - fats) when solid or (unsaturated - oils) when liquid. composed of two types of building blocks, fatty acids and glycerol.
- Electrical energy - In your body, electrical currents are generated when charged particles called ions move along or across cell membranes. The nervous system uses electrical currents, called nerve impulses, to transmit messages from one part of the body to another.
- Protons, Electrons, Neutrons
- is the total mass of protons, neutrons, and electrons in a atomic nucleus. The weight of all atoms of the same type.
5 True/False questions
Forms of Energy → Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical, Radiant or Electromagnetic
About 96% of the human body is what 4 elements? → Chemical energy- as you digest food (metabolism) it is broken down and ATP is formed to power processes in the body.
Radiant or Electromagnetic → is energy that travel in waves.
They include visible light, infrared waves, radio waves, ultraviolet waves, and x-rays
Carbohydrates → organic compound containing carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen. A group of molecules that includes sugars and starches.
Electrical Energy → results from the movement of charge particles.
Example: found in the flow of electrons along the household wiring