5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- A chemical bond between atoms formed by the transfer of one or more electrons from one atom to the other
- States of Matter
- a Atoms in which the outermost energy level contains fewer than eight electrons tend to gain,lose, or share electrons with other atoms to achieve stability. (incomplete)
- b Ionic bond
- c Carbohydrates that are made up of two monosaccharides
- d are basically flat molecules made of four interlocking hydrocarbon rings. (fat soluble and contain little oxygen)
- e exists in solid, liquid, and gaseous states. Examples of each state are found in the human body.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Each element is composed of more or less identical (particles or building blocks)
- Protons, Electrons, Neutrons
- is the smallest unit resulting from the chemical bonding of two or more atoms.
- Octet rule (or rule of eight)
- Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical, Radiant or Electromagnetic
5 True/False Questions
Polymers → large compound formed from combinations of many monomers
Indicates an atom's outermost energy level (or that portion of it) containing the electrons that are chemically reactive. → valence shell
Mass number → is the sum of the masses of its protons and neutrons.
(+) positive charge in the nucleus → Neutrons
What form of energy is found in the food we eat? → Glycogen