5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Subatomic particles
- Electrons forming the electron cloud around the nucleus of an atom occupy regions of space called...
- Electrical Energy
- A chemical bond between atoms formed by the transfer of one or more electrons from one atom to the other
- a electron shells
- b Protons, Electrons, Neutrons
- c When the outermost energy level of an atom is filled to capacity or contains eight electrons, the atom is stable. Such atoms are chemically unreactive. (complete)
- d results from the movement of charge particles.
Example: found in the flow of electrons along the household wiring
- e Ionic bond
5 Multiple choice questions
- (CHON) Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen
- (glucose + galactose) a sugar comprising one glucose molecule linked to a galactose molecule
- is equal to the number of protons in its nucleus.
- is defined as the capacity to do work, or to put matter into motion.
5 True/False questions
What form of energy is used to transmit messages from one part of the body to another? → Chemical energy- as you digest food (metabolism) it is broken down and ATP is formed to power processes in the body.
A combination of two or more atoms held together by chemical bond is called → a molecule
(no charge) in the nucleus → Protons
Steroids → are basically flat molecules made of four interlocking hydrocarbon rings. (fat soluble and contain little oxygen)
the key to chemical reactivity is ... → Octet rule (or rule of eight)