5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Radiant or Electromagnetic
- What form of energy is found in the food we eat?
- a Chemical energy- as you digest food (metabolism) it is broken down and ATP is formed to power processes in the body.
- b is energy that travel in waves.
They include visible light, infrared waves, radio waves, ultraviolet waves, and x-rays
- c are polymers of simple sugars linked together by dehydration synthesis. (storage products)
- d is defined as the capacity to do work, or to put matter into motion.
- e Small unit that can join together with other small units to form polymers
5 Multiple choice questions
- is the sum of the masses of its protons and neutrons.
- unique substances that cannot be broken down into simpler substances by ordinary chemical methods.
- (CHON) Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen
- Octet rule (or rule of eight)
- Protons, Electrons, Neutrons
5 True/False questions
The electron acceptor acquires a net negative charge called... → anion
Phospholipids → are insoluble in water but dissolve readily in organic solvents such as alcohol. contains carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen.
Disaccharides → Carbohydrates that are made up of two monosaccharides
Matter → that which has mass and occupies space and has mass. With some exceptions, it can be seen, smelled, and felt.
Polymers → large compound formed from combinations of many monomers