5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- States of Matter
- A chemical bond between atoms formed by the transfer of one or more electrons from one atom to the other
- Has a bitter taste, feel slippery, and are proton acceptors.
- a Bases
- b large compound formed from combinations of many monomers
- c exists in solid, liquid, and gaseous states. Examples of each state are found in the human body.
- d unique substances that cannot be broken down into simpler substances by ordinary chemical methods.
- e Ionic bond
5 Multiple choice questions
- is defined as the capacity to do work, or to put matter into motion.
- Small unit that can join together with other small units to form polymers
- (glucose + fructose) a complex carbohydrate found in many plants and used as a sweetening agent
- is equal to the number of protons in its nucleus.
- is energy directly involved in moving matter.
Example: When riding a bike, your legs provide the mechanical energy the moves the pedals.
5 True/False questions
Chemical Energy → results from the movement of charge particles.
Example: found in the flow of electrons along the household wiring
Molecule → (glucose + glucose) a disaccharide that is made up of two glucoses linked together, caused by starch and glycogen breakdown
cation → a positively charged ion
Disaccharides → are polymers of simple sugars linked together by dehydration synthesis. (storage products)
Radioisotopes → The process of atomic decay is called radioactivity, and isotopes that exhibit this behavior are called...