5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Atomic number
- (+) positive charge in the nucleus
- A chemical bond between atoms formed by the transfer of one or more electrons from one atom to the other
- Substance present in smaller amounts
- a Protons
- b solutes
- c simple sugars, are single-chain containing from three to seven carbon atoms.
- d is equal to the number of protons in its nucleus.
- e Ionic bond
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Protons, Electrons, Neutrons
- (CHON) Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen
- The process of atomic decay is called radioactivity, and isotopes that exhibit this behavior are called...
- are insoluble in water but dissolve readily in organic solvents such as alcohol. contains carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen.
5 True/False Questions
Chemical Energy → is energy directly involved in moving matter.
Example: When riding a bike, your legs provide the mechanical energy the moves the pedals.
When atoms combine with other atoms, they are held together by... → covalent bonds
Indicates an atom's outermost energy level (or that portion of it) containing the electrons that are chemically reactive. → Chemical energy- as you digest food (metabolism) it is broken down and ATP is formed to power processes in the body.
the key to chemical reactivity is ... → is the form stored in the bonds of chemical substances. Example: may be found in the food we eat
Polysaccharides → are polymers of simple sugars linked together by dehydration synthesis. (storage products)