5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Electrical Energy
- a substance that releases hydrogen ions (H+) in detectable amounts. also defined as proton donors.
- A chemical bond between atoms formed by the transfer of one or more electrons from one atom to the other
- What form of energy is found in the food we eat?
- a results from the movement of charge particles.
Example: found in the flow of electrons along the household wiring
- b organic compound containing carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen. A group of molecules that includes sugars and starches.
- c Ionic bond
- d Acid
- e Chemical energy- as you digest food (metabolism) it is broken down and ATP is formed to power processes in the body.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Types of energy
- are polymers of simple sugars linked together by dehydration synthesis. (storage products)
- (CHON) Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen
- Each element is composed of more or less identical (particles or building blocks)
- (glucose + fructose) a complex carbohydrate found in many plants and used as a sweetening agent
5 True/False Questions
Inert → When the outermost energy level of an atom is filled to capacity or contains eight electrons, the atom is stable. Such atoms are chemically unreactive. (complete)
regions around the nucleus in which a given electron is likely to be found most of the time → Orbitals
Substance present in the greatest amounts → solvent
Atoms that share electrons are said to posses → covalent bonds
Lactose → (glucose + glucose) a disaccharide that is made up of two glucoses linked together, caused by starch and glycogen breakdown