5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Electrons forming the electron cloud around the nucleus of an atom occupy regions of space called...
- the key to chemical reactivity is ...
- What type of energy is available when we are still? When we are exercising?
- a Potential energy (PE) is available when we are still. PE is converted to kinetic (working) energy when we exercise.
- b Octet rule (or rule of eight)
- c Each element is composed of more or less identical (particles or building blocks)
- d electron shells
- e are insoluble in water but dissolve readily in organic solvents such as alcohol. contains carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen.
5 Multiple choice questions
- is defined as the capacity to do work, or to put matter into motion.
- a positively charged ion
- (glucose + galactose) a sugar comprising one glucose molecule linked to a galactose molecule
- Carbohydrates that are made up of two monosaccharides
5 True/False questions
Radioisotopes → The process of atomic decay is called radioactivity, and isotopes that exhibit this behavior are called...
Steroids → (glucose + fructose) a complex carbohydrate found in many plants and used as a sweetening agent
Polysaccharides → are polymers of simple sugars linked together by dehydration synthesis. (storage products)
Matter → that which has mass and occupies space and has mass. With some exceptions, it can be seen, smelled, and felt.
Radiant or Electromagnetic → is energy that travel in waves.
They include visible light, infrared waves, radio waves, ultraviolet waves, and x-rays