5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The electron acceptor acquires a net negative charge called...
- States of Matter
- the key to chemical reactivity is ...
- a Octet rule (or rule of eight)
- b When the outermost energy level of an atom is filled to capacity or contains eight electrons, the atom is stable. Such atoms are chemically unreactive. (complete)
- c exists in solid, liquid, and gaseous states. Examples of each state are found in the human body.
- d anion
- e large compound formed from combinations of many monomers
5 Multiple choice questions
- are basically flat molecules made of four interlocking hydrocarbon rings. (fat soluble and contain little oxygen)
- chief components of cell membranes. Participate in the transport of lipids in plasma, prevalent in nervous tissue
- a negatively charged ion
- is the total mass of protons, neutrons, and electrons in a atomic nucleus. The weight of all atoms of the same type.
- Each element is composed of more or less identical (particles or building blocks)
5 True/False questions
Lipids → (glucose + galactose) a sugar comprising one glucose molecule linked to a galactose molecule
Triglycerides → known as (saturated - fats) when solid or (unsaturated - oils) when liquid. composed of two types of building blocks, fatty acids and glycerol.
What type of energy is available when we are still? When we are exercising? → Chemical energy- as you digest food (metabolism) it is broken down and ATP is formed to power processes in the body.
Atoms that share electrons are said to posses → is energy that travel in waves.
They include visible light, infrared waves, radio waves, ultraviolet waves, and x-rays
When two are more (different) kinds of atoms bind, they form molecules of → a compound