5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Ku Klux Klan
- Butler Act
- 21st Amendment
- a Pseudo-science dealing with improving the hereditary qualities of the human race
- b Amendment that ended prohibition
- c Law in Tennessee that prohibited the teaching of evolution in public schools; John Scopes went to trial for violating this law.
- d human beings developed from lower forms of life
- e Secret society that was pro-American and terrorized people that were foreign, communist, African-American, or Catholic.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- He was appointed Secretary of Treasery by president Harding. He bought into his office the Mellon Plan which had four main points: Cut the top income tax rate from 77 to 25 percent, cut taxes on low incomes, reduce federal estate tax, and efficiency in the government.
- Assisting Germany with loans for reparations repayment so they could pay back the Allies. Was not successful; only put European countries into deeper debt.
- First person to fly across the Atlantic Ocean alone.
- Republican president who was elected on the platform "return to normalcy"
- Made the immigration quota system permanent; reduced quotas from 3% to 2%
5 True/False Questions
police powers → a government's right to control people and property in the interest of public safety, health, welfare, and morals
Managerial Revolution → Companies began departmentalize and employ managers who focused on sales, accounting, marketing, engineering and other day-to-day tasks.
Consumer goods → a government's right to control people and property in the interest of public safety, health, welfare, and morals
credit → An arrangement to receive cash, goods, or services now and pay for them in the future.
Volstead Act → Law in Tennessee that prohibited the teaching of evolution in public schools; John Scopes went to trial for violating this law.