5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Desribe the nature-nurture issue. Give an example of a question
- descibe some of the features that characterize the study of psychology today
- Contrast the views of free will and determinism.
- What are other types of mental health professions? describe their training
- Descibe school psychology
- a psychology today ranges from the study of simple sensory processes to interventions intented to change whole communites cognitive psychologists today carefully meausre the accuracy and speed of responses under many situations to draw interences about the process. another field is neuroscience. psychologists today have also broadened their scope to include more of human diversity
- b An example of how differences in behavior relate to differences in heredity and environment. EX: Why do most little boys spend more time than little girls with toy guns and trucks and less time with dolls?
- c determinism is the assumption that everything that happens has a cause or determinant and free will has the belief that behavior is caused by a person's own chocies.
- d specializes in the psychological condition of students
- e There are clinical social workers who are similar to clincial psychologists but with diff training. they have a masters in social work and a specializaion in psychological problems. Counseling have a doctrate degree w/ supervised experience in counseling. could work in mental health centers, educational institutions, rehab, business, and private practice
5 Multiple choice questions
- to learn how people produce useful behaviors
- studies how behaviors change with age
- "what can we learn from animal studies about the mechanisms of intelligent behavior? "how did each species evolve the behavioral tendencies it showed?
- Explains behavior in terms of evolutionary history of the species, including reason evoultion might have favored a tendency to act in particular ways
- in 1900 it was more open to women thatn other academic fields but the opporutinites were still limited
5 True/False questions
Explain the importance of mainting a skeptical stance regarding claims in pyschology and other fields → it is necessary to analyze people's personality from small samples of their behavior
Describe Freud's influence on the development of modern clinical psychology → revolutionized and popularized psychotherapy with his methods of analyzing patients dreams and memories.frueds infleunce has decreased over time because his evidence was weak
Describe what learning and motivation psychologists do → Studies the processes of thought and knowledge
How did Darwin's theory of evolution influence psychology → idea implied that each species has specializations adapted to its own way of life but also that all vertebrate species have many basic features in common. it also implied that nonhuman animals should exhibit varying degress of human characterists including intelligence
How were behaviorism studies conducted → he studied psychology of the sense organs to cultural differences in behavior with emphases on motivation, voluntary control, and cognitive processes