5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Descibe the functionalist approach to psychology
- Who established functionalist psychology?
- descibe some of the features that characterize the study of psychology today
- Idnetify a question that a psychologist studying psychopysics would try to answer
- who is considered the founder of behaviroism and what is it
- a psychology today ranges from the study of simple sensory processes to interventions intented to change whole communites cognitive psychologists today carefully meausre the accuracy and speed of responses under many situations to draw interences about the process. another field is neuroscience. psychologists today have also broadened their scope to include more of human diversity
- b John B. watson- a field of psychology that concentrates on observable, measurebale behaviors and not a menal process
- c to learn how people produce useful behaviors
- d "what can we learn from animal studies about the mechanisms of intelligent behavior? "how did each species evolve the behavioral tendencies it showed?
- e William James
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the approach of structalism- an attempt to describe the structures that compose the mind
- provide adice and consultation to the justice systme
- An example of how differences in behavior relate to differences in heredity and environment. EX: Why do most little boys spend more time than little girls with toy guns and trucks and less time with dolls?
- determinism is the assumption that everything that happens has a cause or determinant and free will has the belief that behavior is caused by a person's own chocies.
5 True/False Questions
Which view do scientists tend to believe? free will or determinism and why? → determinism is the assumption that everything that happens has a cause or determinant and free will has the belief that behavior is caused by a person's own chocies.
What were some of the questions William James attempted to answer? → How people can strength good habits? How does an intention lead to action?
describe the school of psychology that he establish (Tichener) → for psychological research
Descibe school psychology → specializes in the psychological condition of students
Describe industrial/organizational psychiatrists → tries to explain behavior in terms of biological factors, such as electrical and chemical activities in the nervous system, the effects of drugs and hormones, genetics, and evolutionary pressures