5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is the mind-brain problem? Briedly explain the research that bears on this debate, and what this research shows
- Describe forensic psychology
- Describe what learning and motivation psychologists do
- Contrast the views of free will and determinism.
- What are the differences between pyschologists and psychiatrists
- a psychologists study systematic behavior and experience while psychiatrists deal with mental distrubances
- b provide adice and consultation to the justice systme
- c the philosophical question of how experience relates to the brain. Scientists see brain activity using the technique called PET. It shows that neither brain activity nor mental activity causes the other; rather, brain activity and mental activitity are they same thing
- d determinism is the assumption that everything that happens has a cause or determinant and free will has the belief that behavior is caused by a person's own chocies.
- e study how behavior depends on the outcomes of past behaviors and current motivations
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- An example of how differences in behavior relate to differences in heredity and environment. EX: Why do most little boys spend more time than little girls with toy guns and trucks and less time with dolls?
- 1905 Alfred Binet devised the 1st useful intelligence test. pyschologists developed tests of personality, interests.
- studies how an individual influences other people and how the group influences an individual
- William James
- psychology today ranges from the study of simple sensory processes to interventions intented to change whole communites cognitive psychologists today carefully meausre the accuracy and speed of responses under many situations to draw interences about the process. another field is neuroscience. psychologists today have also broadened their scope to include more of human diversity
5 True/False Questions
What factors led to the rise of behaviorism → brought about because of its unanswered questions left by ticherner people quested behaviors not experiences suddenly
who established the first psychological laboratory → Wilhem Wundt
what was the role of women in the early years of psychology → in 1900 it was more open to women thatn other academic fields but the opporutinites were still limited
Describe what developmental pyschologists do → studies how behaviors change with age
Describe what evolutionary psycholgists do → studies how an individual influences other people and how the group influences an individual