5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Describe what social psychologists do
- Who established functionalist psychology?
- What factors led to the rise of behaviorism
- Briefly descibe some of the history of inteligence measurement in human
- What are the career prospects for someone who chooses to study psychology
- a 1905 Alfred Binet devised the 1st useful intelligence test. pyschologists developed tests of personality, interests.
- b studies how an individual influences other people and how the group influences an individual
- c brought about because of its unanswered questions left by ticherner people quested behaviors not experiences suddenly
- d William James
- e they could end up going to medical, law, or divinity school.
5 Multiple choice questions
- mary calkins was an early memory reasearcher= regarded as Harvards greatest student but had no PhD because she was a women. was president of the American psychological association. today women recieve about 2/3 of the psychology PhDs in the US and Euro
- he studied psychology of the sense organs to cultural differences in behavior with emphases on motivation, voluntary control, and cognitive processes
- have to compete with other majors as well. only 20-25% of people w/ psychology majors have a job in psychology
- specializes in the psychological condition of students
- Studies the processes of thought and knowledge
5 True/False questions
Describe Freud's influence on the development of modern clinical psychology → revolutionized and popularized psychotherapy with his methods of analyzing patients dreams and memories.frueds infleunce has decreased over time because his evidence was weak
Describe ergonomics → specializes in the psychological condition of students
What was Tichener's contribution to psychology → William James
Describe what biological psychologists → tries to explain behavior in terms of biological factors, such as electrical and chemical activities in the nervous system, the effects of drugs and hormones, genetics, and evolutionary pressures
Describe what evolutionary psycholgists do → Explains behavior in terms of evolutionary history of the species, including reason evoultion might have favored a tendency to act in particular ways