5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are the differences between pyschologists and psychiatrists
- Describe ergonomics
- Desribe the nature-nurture issue. Give an example of a question
- Descibe school psychology
- Briefly descibe some of the history of inteligence measurement in human
- a specializes in the psychological condition of students
- b 1905 Alfred Binet devised the 1st useful intelligence test. pyschologists developed tests of personality, interests.
- c psychologists study systematic behavior and experience while psychiatrists deal with mental distrubances
- d want to make sure equipment runs efficently and and safely
- e An example of how differences in behavior relate to differences in heredity and environment. EX: Why do most little boys spend more time than little girls with toy guns and trucks and less time with dolls?
5 Multiple choice questions
- tries to explain behavior in terms of biological factors, such as electrical and chemical activities in the nervous system, the effects of drugs and hormones, genetics, and evolutionary pressures
- determinism is the assumption that everything that happens has a cause or determinant and free will has the belief that behavior is caused by a person's own chocies.
- Clinicla psychologists have an advanced degree in psychology with a speciality in understanding and helping people with psychological problems. Psychoanalysts are therapy providers who rely heavily on the theories and methods pioneered by the 20th century vieneese physician stigmund frued
- provide adice and consultation to the justice systme
- psychology today ranges from the study of simple sensory processes to interventions intented to change whole communites cognitive psychologists today carefully meausre the accuracy and speed of responses under many situations to draw interences about the process. another field is neuroscience. psychologists today have also broadened their scope to include more of human diversity
5 True/False questions
how has the composition of pyschologists changed through the years → have to compete with other majors as well. only 20-25% of people w/ psychology majors have a job in psychology
Idnetify a question that a psychologist studying psychopysics would try to answer → Studies the processes of thought and knowledge
What did Galton contribute to the history of intelligence measurement in humans → Galton examined role of heredity in human achievemnt, tried to meausre intelligence using simple sensory and motor tasks, but didnt work. invented a weather map, measured degress, suggested fingerprintes to identify individuals
who is considered the founder of behaviroism and what is it → brought about because of its unanswered questions left by ticherner people quested behaviors not experiences suddenly
Describe what developmental pyschologists do → studies how behaviors change with age