5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- what was the role of women in the early years of psychology
- Describe what developmental pyschologists do
- Describe what evolutionary psycholgists do
- Describe industrial/organizational psychiatrists
- What were some of the questions William James attempted to answer?
- a How people can strength good habits? How does an intention lead to action?
- b Explains behavior in terms of evolutionary history of the species, including reason evoultion might have favored a tendency to act in particular ways
- c in 1900 it was more open to women thatn other academic fields but the opporutinites were still limited
- d studies how behaviors change with age
- e study peoples behaviors at work
5 Multiple choice questions
- tries to explain behavior in terms of biological factors, such as electrical and chemical activities in the nervous system, the effects of drugs and hormones, genetics, and evolutionary pressures
- There are clinical social workers who are similar to clincial psychologists but with diff training. they have a masters in social work and a specializaion in psychological problems. Counseling have a doctrate degree w/ supervised experience in counseling. could work in mental health centers, educational institutions, rehab, business, and private practice
- 1905 Alfred Binet devised the 1st useful intelligence test. pyschologists developed tests of personality, interests.
- want to make sure equipment runs efficently and and safely
- provide adice and consultation to the justice systme
5 True/False questions
what studies were conducted there → he studied psychology of the sense organs to cultural differences in behavior with emphases on motivation, voluntary control, and cognitive processes
Describe what cognitive psychologists do → studies how an individual influences other people and how the group influences an individual
Descibe school psychology → provide adice and consultation to the justice systme
how has the composition of pyschologists changed through the years → have to compete with other majors as well. only 20-25% of people w/ psychology majors have a job in psychology
What are the differences between pyschologists and psychiatrists → Clinicla psychologists have an advanced degree in psychology with a speciality in understanding and helping people with psychological problems. Psychoanalysts are therapy providers who rely heavily on the theories and methods pioneered by the 20th century vieneese physician stigmund frued