5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Who established functionalist psychology?
- Describe what biological psychologists
- What factors led to the rise of behaviorism
- Describe what evolutionary psycholgists do
- examples of cross-cultural issues in psychology
- a William James
- b brought about because of its unanswered questions left by ticherner people quested behaviors not experiences suddenly
- c Explains behavior in terms of evolutionary history of the species, including reason evoultion might have favored a tendency to act in particular ways
- d tries to explain behavior in terms of biological factors, such as electrical and chemical activities in the nervous system, the effects of drugs and hormones, genetics, and evolutionary pressures
- e Cuisine
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- "what can we learn from animal studies about the mechanisms of intelligent behavior? "how did each species evolve the behavioral tendencies it showed?
- study peoples behaviors at work
- studies how behaviors change with age
- How people can strength good habits? How does an intention lead to action?
- studying behaviorists found advantages with studying nonhuman animals to have more control. also nonhuman learning is simplier to understand. studied rates in mazes
5 True/False Questions
Describe what learning and motivation psychologists do → study how behavior depends on the outcomes of past behaviors and current motivations
What are the career prospects for someone who chooses to study psychology → in 1900 it was more open to women thatn other academic fields but the opporutinites were still limited
who established the first psychological laboratory → Wilhem Wundt
Describe what social psychologists do → Studies the processes of thought and knowledge
What are other types of mental health professions? describe their training → psychologists study systematic behavior and experience while psychiatrists deal with mental distrubances