← Med Law Chapter 7 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- limited data set
- a a principle or condition that customarily governs behavior
- b A business activity that changes assets, liabilities, or owner's equity.
- c protected health information from which certain patient identifiers have been removed
- d to remove all information that identifies patients from health care transactions
- e conforming to or constituting a standard of measurement or value
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- records maintained by or for a HIPAA-covered entity
- HIPAA, Federal Act that set forth guidelines for standardizing the electronic data interchange of administrative and financial transactions, exposing fraud and abuse in government programs, and protecting the security and privacy of health information
- the activity of converting from plain text into code
- NPP, Under HIPAA, a document given to the patient at the first visit or at enrollment explaining the individual's rights and the physician's legal duties in regard to protected health information.
- measures taken as a precaution against theft or espionage or sabotage etc.
5 True/False Questions
privacy → the condition of being concealed or hidden
electronic data interchange → The sending of information from one network-connected computer to another.
protected health information → PHI
code set → a principle or condition that customarily governs behavior
state preemption → the activity of converting from plain text into code