← landforms voc. #1 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the extra precipitation that flows across the land's surface and flows into rivers, lakes, streams, and oceans.
- a triangle shaped region with fertile soil that is found at the mouth of a river.
- part of the water cycle when any form of water particles that falls from the sky. (hail, snow, sleet, rain)
- when water goes into a crack in a rock and freezes only to make the crack bigger.
- to scrape against by rubbing together or by wind. example wind rubs sand over rock.
5 True/False Questions
weathering → breaking down rocks into smaller pieces by wind and water.
meanders → natural physical features of the Earth's surface such as mountains.
chemical weathering → when Earth's crust is exposed to water, air, and changes in temperature and land gets broken down.
evaporation → part of the water cycle when liquid changes to a gas.
physical weathering → when chemical gases and acids eat away at the earth's surface changing it.