5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Utility software
- a Communications hardware device that facilitates the transmission of data
- b A computer program that is written to cause corruption of data.
- c A combination of hardware and software that creates a buffer between an internal network and the Internet to prevent unauthorized access.
- d Systems software that performs tasks related to managing the computer's resources, file management, diagnostics, and other specialized chores.
- e Microsoft's Disk Operating System; originally introduced with the IBM PC in 1981.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Part of the computer's operating system that users interact with.
- Intangible set of instructions that tells the computer what to do.
- Devices that protect electronic equipment from variations in electric current.
- Operating system developed by AT&T. It is considered portable, meaning it can run on just about any hardware platform.
- Also called productivity software; helps you perform a specific task such as word processing, spreadsheets, and so forth.
5 True/False Questions
Uninterruptible power supply → A battery power source that provides electric current during a power outage.
Serial ports → Computer ports that can transmit data eight bits at a time; usually used by a printer.
Language translators → Devices that protect electronic equipment from variations in electric current.
Troubleshooting → Analyzing problems to correct faults in the system.
Operating systems → Systems software that provides an interface between the user or application program and the computer hardware.