5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Biogenesis states:
- Edward Jenner
- a the study of bacteria
- b living cells can only arise from preexisting cells
- c process stemed from problem of fermintation - prevention of spoilage was found by heating beer and wine just enought to kill most of the microbes.
- d gave 1st "vaccination" over a century ago, for small pox to an 8yr old volunteer
- e are procaryotic cells with peptidoglycan in their cell walls - have formylmethionine as the first amino acid in each protein in DNA - most exhibit antibiotic sensitivity
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- contains devices that transform the subtle changes in light waves passing through the specimen into differences in light intensities (for bacterial spores, organelles, etc)
- created by adding a special disc called a stop to the condenser of a bright-field microscope - the stop blocks all light from coming through, allowing for peripheral light to reflect
- with chemical compositions that are just that, purely chemical with no other additional ingredients
- the attempt to cause growth of a single cell to, in turn, grow into an entire colony of the exact kind of cells.
5 True/False Questions
The 3 Domains: → bacteria, archaea, eucarya
Anton van Leeuwenhoek → bacteria, archaea, eucarya
Types of Media: → contains one or more agents that inhibit the growth of certain microbes.
Virology → the study of fungi (medical, agricultural, and ecological)
The Eucaryotic Kingdoms: → fungi, protista, plantae, animalia