5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- This procedure measures the bone density more accurately than the dual photon absorptiometry, takes less time, and emits less radiation to the patient.
- Abnormal lateral (sideward) curvature of a portion of the spine.
- A malignant tumor of bones, common in young adults particularly adolescent boys
- Also known as osteosarcoma; is most common malignant bone tumor with common sites being the distal femur, the proximal tibia, the proximal humerus.
- Predominately in females, fragile bones, loss of bone density, decreased levels of estrogen and calcium.
5 True/False Questions
Bone Marrow Aspiration → Is the process of removing a small sample of bone marrow from a selected site with a needle for the purpose of examining the specimen under a microsccope.
Dual photon absorptiometry → This procedure measures bone density within 2-3% accuracy of the bone's actual density
Osteomalacia → A generalized infection of bone and bone marrow resulting from a bacterial infection
Lordosis → Abnormal inward curvature of a portion of the spine, also known as swayback
Kyphosis → Abnormal inward curvature of a portion of the spine, also known as swayback