5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is a qualitative observation?
- What is the formula for density?
- What would the dependent variable be if I was graphing the density of different amounts of salt in liquids?
- When writing a question for an experiment, where does the independent variable fit in the format?
- What is a quantitative observation?
- a density of the water
- b words
ex. YELLOW pencil
- c d = m/v (mass / volume)
- d How does (independent variable) affect ____________?
- e numbers
ex. 5 ml pencil
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- bar graph bc doesn't need to be in a specific order
- the one containing nothing (zero)
- meniscus (dip in the liquid)
- the one factor that stays the same
5 True/False Questions
What is the format for writing a question in an experiment? → If ___________ then ______________.
What is a direct observation? → no tool, use senses
ex. see a pink sweatshirt
Where does the dependent variable on your graph? → on the left side
What could your 3 samples be if you were studying the density of different amounts of salt in liquids? → plain water, adding 2 different amounts of salt
What unit do WE use to measure temperature in this class? → on the left side