5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- hybrid vigor
- Y chromosome
- adenine (A):
- wild type
- a The genotype or phenotype that is found in nature or in the standard laboratory stock for a given organism.
- b A situation in which an F1 is larger or healthier than its two different pure parental lines.
- c A purine base that pairs with thymine in the DNA double helix.
- d The basic unit of eukaryotic chromosome structure; a ball of eight histone molecules that is wrapped by two coils of DNA.
- e One of a pair of sex chromosomes, distinguished from the X chromosome.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A cell having two chromosome sets or an individual organism having two chromosome sets in each of its cells.
- One form of a genetic polymorphism; the morph can be either a phenotype or a molecular sequence.
- A cell in which meiosis takes place.
- One of the (usually four) cells formed by the two meiotic divisions.
- A pair of sister chromatids joined at the centromere, as in the first division of meiosis.
5 True/False questions
chi-square (χ2) test → An attribute of individual members of a species for which various heritable differences can be defined.
sum rule → Labeled nucleic acid segment that can be used to identify specific DNA molecules bearing the complementary sequence, usually through autoradiography or fluorescence.
natural selection → The differential rate of reproduction of different types in a population as the result of different physiological, anatomical, or behavioral characteristics of the types.
testcross → A type of basic protein that forms the unit around which DNA is coiled in the nucleosomes of eukaryotic chromosomes.
theory of evolution → The synthesis of RNA from a DNA template.