5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- SRY gene
- product rule
- adenine (A):
- X linkage
- a A purine base that pairs with thymine in the DNA double helix.
- b The inheritance pattern of genes found on the X chromosome but not on the Y chromosome.
- c The maleness gene, residing on the Y chromosome.
- d Describes a gene that, in a diploid cell, can promote wild-type function in only one copy (dose).
- e The probability of two independent events occurring simultaneously is the product of the individual probabilities.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A chain of linked amino acids; a protein.
- An allele whose phenotypic effect is not expressed in a heterozygote.
- The two copies of a particular type of gene present in a diploid cell (one in each chromosome set).
- One of the two side-by-side replicas produced by chromosome division.
- To fertilize eggs with sperms from the same individual.
5 True/False Questions
quantitative trait locus (QTL) → Inheritance pattern in which the progeny have the genotype and phenotype of one parent only, for example, inheritance of mitochrondrial genomes.
DNA clone: → A cell having two chromosome sets or an individual organism having two chromosome sets in each of its cells.
pseudoautosomal regions 1 and 2 → One of the (usually four) cells formed by the two meiotic divisions.
centromere: → A specialized region of DNA on each eukaryotic chromosome that acts as a site for the binding of kinetochore proteins.
extranuclear: → A class of small RNA molecules that bear specific amino acids to the ribosome in the course of translation; an amino acid is inserted into the growing polypeptide chain when the anticodon of the corresponding tRNA pairs with a codon on the mRNA being translated.