5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The Equal Area Projection
- Physical Maps
- a Show natural features
- b Shows the correct size of land masses. But the shapes are distorted
- c March (About the 21st)-Sun is directly overhead at noon on the equator. Axis is tilted neither away or toward the sun
September(About the 23rd)-Sun is again directly overhead at noon on the equator
- d line of latitude at 0 degrees latitude
- e A measure of how cold or hot the air is
5 Multiple choice questions
- the condition of the air and sky at a certain time
- Measures 180 degrees.
- ways to map earth on a flat surface
- Shows correct shapes and directions but not true distances or sizes. Makes poles bigger than they are.
- Shows nearly the correct size and shape of most land areas. But even it has distortion especially in the areas around the edges of the map.
5 True/False questions
Time Zones → We have Time Zones because the earth rotates
Political Maps → Show political units: Countries, States, may show capitals or centers of Government and Major Cities
Latitude → The distance north and south of the Equator
Antarctic Circle → 66 degrees South (33')
Prime Meridian → The Line of Longitude that runs through Greenwich, England is considered 0 degrees or the prime meridian