5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 1 Degree
- South and North Poles
- Tropic Of Capricorn
- Political Maps
- a Show political units: Countries, States, may show capitals or centers of Government and Major Cities
- b 23 degrees South (26')
- c Latitude is wrote before Longitude.
- d North 90 degrees North
and South 90 degrees South
- e Covers about 69 miles.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Shows the correct size of land masses. But the shapes are distorted
- line of latitude at 0 degrees latitude
- Shows correct shapes and directions but not true distances or sizes. Makes poles bigger than they are.
- March (About the 21st)-Sun is directly overhead at noon on the equator. Axis is tilted neither away or toward the sun
September(About the 23rd)-Sun is again directly overhead at noon on the equator
- December(About 21st)- South pole is closest to the sun.
Lack of sunlight brings winter to the northern hemisphere
June(About the 21st)-North pole is tilted closest to the sun. Brings summer to the northern hemisphere
5 True/False questions
Temperature → line of latitude at 0 degrees latitude
The International Date Line → Measures 180 degrees.
Tropic Of Cancer → 23 degrees North (26')
Longitude → The distance north and south of the Equator
Other Names → We have Time Zones because the earth rotates