5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Techniques to enhance counselor's interviewing style (CF #1)
- Information about consultations, diagnosis, treatment, prognosis, and progress (CF #11)
- Problem areas and conditions evaluated during assessment process
- Client Expectations in group
- a Should be clarified early in the process in order to prevent frustration, which leads to dropping out or disruptive behavior.
- b eye contact, cultural consideration, awareness of gender differences, verbal language, body language, confidentiality, reflective listening, open-ended questions, affirming the client, and use of summarization
- c To provide all the needed services to meet the client's unique needs regardless of what agency provides the care.
- d Physiological, behavioral, family, economic, interpersonal, other drug use, employment, and legal
- e Type of information which should be kept in a client's record.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Those services which respond to an alcohol and/or other drug abuser's needs during acute emotional and/or physical distress.
- Look toward the future
- Lack of support in home environment, lack of interests that support sobriety, prior sexual abuse, marital difficulties, adult child of addicted parent(s), lack of alcohol-free peer group, recent death of significant other, lack of confidence in ability to make new friends
- Occurs in groups by means of observation, identification with another person's work and modeling.
5 True/False questions
Example of an Existential Crisis → Death of a loved one, serious illness, positive test result for HIV infection
Family history of substance abuse → Reveals information about family dynamics and the impact of addiction on the family and significant others.
Treatment Plan Objectives → Must be stated in concrete, behavioral terms so that the client's progress can be clearly measured.
Client input → Assurance of individualized treatment, competent or qualified staff, personal privacy or dignity, and the right to review his treatment plan.
Imparting Information → New data