5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Definition of Intake (Core Function #2)
- Role of case management in treatment process
- Examples of a Developmental Crisis
- Important in structuring setting for taking the verbal history
- Screening Process
- a The administrative and initial procedures for admission to a program.
- b Make sure there are no interruptions
Make eye contact with the client
Give the client undivided attention
- c Intake is an extension of the __________
- d Retirement, Marriage
- e Pervades the treatment process and is a component of all core functions.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The counselor should seek the least restrictive level of intervention/care first.
- Situational- the circumstances cause the upset
Developmental- the process of growing through life stages can cause upset
Intrapsychic- thoughts and feelings cause upset
Existential- sense of emptiness and lack of purpose in life can cause upset
- Promotes ownership of treatment, instills motiviation, elicits input and concerns, and provides clarity to the client
- Interpersonal learning
- The initial stage of crisis intervention
5 True/False Questions
Barriers to effective assessment → Establish rapport
Gather relevant data
Reframe the crisis into a solvable problem
Help client examine realistic options
Arrange for follow-up
Client Education (Core Function #9) → The provision of information to individuals and groups concerning alcohol and other drug abuse and the available services and resources.
Imparting Information → New data
Good case management → _______ into the treatment plan is essential for its success.
Definition of Orientation (Core Function #3) → The procedure by which the counselor/program identifies and evaluates an individual's strengths, weaknesses, problems, and needs for the development of the treatment plan.