5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Role of case management in treatment process
- Monitoring, feedback, and evaluation of services (CF #7)
- Definition of Crisis
- Examples of an Intrapsychic Crisis
- Assess degree of risk (CF #8)
- a Effective case management for person in need of multiple services requires _______
- b Any significant event during the treatment process that threatens to jeopardize or destroy the treatment effort. Crises have many causes and may or may not be related to alcohol or other drug use.
- c Pervades the treatment process and is a component of all core functions.
- d Suicidal thoughts, identity confusion
- e The counselor's first step when a client discloses suicidal thoughts.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Agency philosophy, program structure, and administrative information
- Release of emotions
- Client data, referral information, presenting problem, acceptancve in program or referral out
- Should be clarified early in the process in order to prevent frustration, which leads to dropping out or disruptive behavior.
- Occurs in groups by means of observation, identification with another person's work and modeling.
5 True/False Questions
Opportunities to evaluate client's need for referral → The ability of the counselor to recognize personal limits and/or the limits of the program in meeting the needs of the client.
Important in structuring setting for taking the verbal history → Make sure there are no interruptions
Make eye contact with the client
Give the client undivided attention
ASAM's dimensional criteria → Acute intoxication and/or withdrawal potential
Biomedical conditions and complications
Emotional/behavioral conditions and complications
Relapse/continued use potential
Group Cohesiveness → Ensures transfer to appropriate level of care at the appropriate time.
Assessment (Core Function #4) → The process by which a client is determined appropriate and eligible for admission to a particular program.