5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Assessment (Core Function #4)
- Imitative Behavior
- Client Expectations in group
- Typical reactions to a crisis
- Referral Information
- a Shock, anxiety, intellectualization
- b The essential first step in determining the possible causes of addiction for the person and the most appropriate treatment modality for his or her needs.
- c Role Modeling
- d Agency philosophy, program structure, and administrative information
- e Should be clarified early in the process in order to prevent frustration, which leads to dropping out or disruptive behavior.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Promotes ownership of treatment, instills motiviation, elicits input and concerns, and provides clarity to the client
- Screening, intake, assessment, treatment planning
- men, alcoholics, person who has lost someone, someone who takes drugs, person recently diagnosed with HIV infection, lesbian and gay youth
- Acute intoxication and/or withdrawal potential
Biomedical conditions and complications
Emotional/behavioral conditions and complications
Relapse/continued use potential
- The counselor must guard against the anger, frustration, or isolation that minorities may feel in group.
5 True/False questions
Definition of Counseling (Core Function #6) → The utilizaiton of special skills to assist individuals, families, or groups in achieving objectives through exploration of a problem and its ramifications; examination of attitudes and feelings; consideration of alternative solutions; and decision making.
Designing an educational program → One should consider the range of problems in the population and the differences in learning abilities.
Example of an Existential Crisis → Feeling of emptiness
Examples of a Developmental Crisis → Retirement, Marriage
Definition of Orientation (Core Function #3) → The process during which the general nature, rules, and regulations of the program are described to the client. In a nonresidential setting, information should alsobe provided on the hours during which services are available.