5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Test 2 for Canonicity
- Septuagint (lXX)....
- Number of books in the Old Testament
- The hebrew word for scribe means....
- a counter
- b the science of interpreting the bible
- c 39
- d Translation of the OT into Greek
*dates back toaround 200-300 B.C.
*Egyptian city of Alexandria- (???????)
*Its name and abbreviation come from the facts that 72 scholars did the translation
*Penatuech- firs five books of the Septuagint
- e Written to all generations
5 Multiple choice questions
- The words or phrases that are closest to the passage in question
- we Discover our Past, Understand our Present and attain Hope for the Future.
- the words of Scripture
- the original translations of the original languages, Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek
5 True/False questions
The last part of the Bible was written in..... → Hebrew
the masoretes knew that there were...... → *date back to before A.D. 1000
*most scholars believe this is a reflection of an A.D. 100 text
*is the most reliable text
Number of books inthe Bible → 39
The largest part of the Bible was written in this language → Greek
Transmission → the science of interpreting the bible