5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What do we find In the 66 books of the Bible?
- What is the transmission in the original language?
- Canon Description of theBible:
- what are the 4 types of literature?
- The first five books are called what?
- a Narrative, Prophesy, poetry, & parables
- b the pentateoch- in which Israel is chosen, redeemed, disciplined and instructed
- c Collection of 66 books;
- d mostly Hebrwe with a little Aramaic
- e we Discover our Past, Understand our Present and attain Hope for the Future.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the conquest of the land, the period of the judges, the formation of ht eunited kingdon and the division of that kingdom into the North (Israel)
- seeks to find the basic "plain sence" meaning of bible passages by applying standard rules of grammar and synax
- a complex system of markings developed for the transmission of the OT
- Written in accord with previous revelation
5 True/False Questions
Transmission → the faithful conveyance of the scriptures fron one generation to the next
the Bible is not the Word, it..... → *date back to before A.D. 1000
*most scholars believe this is a reflection of an A.D. 100 text
*is the most reliable text
The Samaritan Penateuch...... → *contains only Gen.-Deut.
* originated with the Jamaritans
* oldest text dates back to A.D 1100
*Due to theological difference in the samaritans and the jews, this is not as reliable
The Aramaic Targums...... → *a collection of writings, in Aramaic texts, based on the old testament
*arose in the early christion times when many Jews spoke Aramaic instead of Hebrew
* includes much commentary and there fore not as reliable
The books of the Bible were written in how many languages? → Hebrew