5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Number of books inthe Bible
- the Bible is not the Word, it.....
- what are the 4 types of literature?
- Number of books in the Old Testament
- What are test for Canonicity -
- a contains the Word of God
- b 66
- c 39
- d Narrative, Prophesy, poetry, & parables
- e author, audience, teaching
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- what was going on at the time the author wrote the specific passage- ex- the dividic Psalms
- the pentateoch- in which Israel is chosen, redeemed, disciplined and instructed
- God simply dictated the Bible to human scribes
- *discovered by a sheperd boy back in 1947
*date back to 200-100 B.C.
*contain at least some of every OT book
*most importantly, they contain the reliability of the masoretic text
- The Bible is Trustworthy; The Bible is Authoritative:
5 True/False Questions
#3 forthe masora → developed a system of detailed notes on the text
The 17 books of history trace the history of... → one page to small books
Plenary Verbal Inspiration Teory → God inspired the thoughts ofthe human writers but not necessarily the words; Because they had this freedom there may be errors; Holy Spirit protected the doctrinaeworks of Scripture
The Old looks ahead and the New Testament looks back to the pivot point of ALL history: → The death, burrial, and resurrection of the Messiah.
The Samaritan Penateuch...... → *contains only Gen.-Deut.
* originated with the Jamaritans
* oldest text dates back to A.D 1100
*Due to theological difference in the samaritans and the jews, this is not as reliable