5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The books of the Bible vary in length from
- The hebrew word for scribe means....
- Definition of Canon
- Grammatical-historical method.....
- a seeks to find the basic "plain sence" meaning of bible passages by applying standard rules of grammar and synax
- b Full or complete
- c one page to small books
- d counter
- e Hebrew - Ganen or Greek - Kanon; Reed or measuring stick
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Collection of 66 books;
- Men who were entrusted with the transmission of the scriptures (they believed they were copying the word of God)
- the conquest of the land, the period of the judges, the formation of ht eunited kingdon and the division of that kingdom into the North (Israel)
- The Hebrew order of scribes
- Law - Prophets - Writings
5 True/False Questions
Verbal → the words of Scripture
#1 of the masora → Developed a system for writing vowels
Christianity is a story about what? → A way to show God that you love and want to be with him.
The books were written over a period of... → *contains only Gen.-Deut.
* originated with the Jamaritans
* oldest text dates back to A.D 1100
*Due to theological difference in the samaritans and the jews, this is not as reliable
The Dead Sea Scrolls → the science of interpreting the bible