5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- (SA) Why was the US military unable to win the Vietnam war?
- _________ was completed in 1964 and became the world's longest single-span suspension bridge.
- The first black associate justice appointed to the supreme Court.
- _________ was completed in 1965 in St. Louis, Missouri and was cited as one of the modern seve wonders of the world.
- He became the first African American cabinet officer as the head of HUD.
- a The Gateway Arch
- b the government tried to run the war instead of letting the military take control and because of the media
- c Thurgood Marshall
- d Verrazano-Narrows
- e Robert Weaver
5 Multiple choice questions
- Willie Mays
- 1965 Voting rights Act
- Gulf of Tonkin Resolution
- The Great Society
5 True/False questions
________ was based on the belief that man had the ability to eradicate all war, disease, poverty, injustice, and ignorance. → The Great Society
FBI director _______ stepping up surveillance of communist sympathizers on college campuses and protesters. → J. Edgar Hoover
Who killed MLK? → James Earl Ray
(SA) describe how youthful rebellion was expressed in the 1960's. → the hippie movement, free love, drugs, protests
Martin Luther King insisted on what to end racial discrimination? → nonviolent demonstrations