5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- designed to provide medical care for the elderly under the Social Security system.
- Johnson addressed unemployment by proposing a national _________________ - a massive federal program that called for the creation of new jobs and the building up of economically depressed areas
- FBI director _______ stepping up surveillance of communist sympathizers on college campuses and protesters.
- What year was MLK killed?
- those soft toward communism
- a Medicare Act of 1965
- b Doves
- c 1968
- d J. Edgar Hoover
- e "War on Poverty"
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Willie Mays
- 24th Amendment
- Six Day War
- Thurgood Marshall
- The Great Society
5 True/False Questions
(SA) Why was the US military unable to win the Vietnam war? → the government tried to run the war instead of letting the military take control and because of the media
Martin Luther King insisted on what to end racial discrimination? → nonviolent demonstrations
_________ was completed in 1965 in St. Louis, Missouri and was cited as one of the modern seve wonders of the world. → Verrazano-Narrows
A deep sea laboratory located at the bottom of the sea where the US Navy conducted a series of 15 day underwater living experiments. → Sealab 2
supported the fight against communism → Doves