5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- (SA) Why was the US military unable to win the Vietnam war?
- _________ was completed in 1965 in St. Louis, Missouri and was cited as one of the modern seve wonders of the world.
- FBI director _______ stepping up surveillance of communist sympathizers on college campuses and protesters.
- The first black associate justice appointed to the supreme Court.
- Who urged a return to a Constitutional system of limited government?
- a The Gateway Arch
- b the government tried to run the war instead of letting the military take control and because of the media
- c J. Edgar Hoover
- d Thurgood Marshall
- e Barry Goldwater
5 Multiple choice questions
- Black Panthers
- Medicare Act of 1965
- The Great Society program
5 True/False questions
_______ became the Largest welfare program since the New Deal → Lyndon Johnson
supported the fight against communism → Doves
He became president in 1963 (after John Kennedy) → extremist
those soft toward communism → Doves
Johnson addressed unemployment by proposing a national _________________ - a massive federal program that called for the creation of new jobs and the building up of economically depressed areas → "War on Poverty"