5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Representative democracy is sometimes disapprovingly referred to as the _____ theory of democracy.
- Those who possess a disproportionate share of political power are defined as
- The fact that the rich are taxed more heavily than the poor and that amendments that gave voting rights to minorities were passed by large majorities suggests that
- Individuals have power when they are able to
- By "authority" the authors mean
- a even though most politicians are middle class, white Protestant men, the people are in charge and they have insisted on equality
- b get someone else to do their own intentions.
- c the right to use power
- d elitist
- e elite
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- regimes that were as close as possible to Aristotle's definition "rule of many"
- When a circumstance is too complicated for the "average citizen" to understand.
- playing a larger part.
- governmental office
- not a popular view
5 True/False Questions
When the Farmers of the Constitution wrote "republican form of government" they were referring to → Alexander Hamilton
The author cites the early presidential admin, the Civil War, and the New Deal, as examples of struggles over → even though most politicians are middle class, white Protestant men, the people are in charge and they have insisted on equality
The text notes a tendency for issues that one were ____ to become____. → private, public
What are the requirements for a representative democracy? → A opportunity for genuine leadership competition
The text argues that political power is inextricably bound with → regimes that were as close as possible to Aristotle's definition "rule of many"