5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Those who possess a disproportionate share of political power are defined as
- Individuals have power when they are able to
- The fact that the rich are taxed more heavily than the poor and that amendments that gave voting rights to minorities were passed by large majorities suggests that
- The primary source of legitimate political authority in the United States is the
- The term participatory democracy applies most accurately to what society?
- a New England
- b Constitution
- c elite
- d even though most politicians are middle class, white Protestant men, the people are in charge and they have insisted on equality
- e get someone else to do their own intentions.
5 Multiple choice questions
- private, public
- A opportunity for genuine leadership competition
- When a circumstance is too complicated for the "average citizen" to understand.
5 True/False questions
When the Farmers of the Constitution wrote "republican form of government" they were referring to → not a popular view
At the time of the Constitutional Convention, the view that a democratic government was desirable was → Alexander Hamilton
Compared with the 1950s, government's involvement in the everyday lives of Americans in the 1990s is → playing a larger part.
The text argues that political power is inextricably bound with → regimes that were as close as possible to Aristotle's definition "rule of many"
Which delegate to the Constitutional Convention was worried that the new government that he helped to create might be too democratic? → not a popular view