5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The term participatory democracy applies most accurately to what society?
- Under what circumstances would a majoritarian politics normally not be effective?
- At the time of the Constitutional Convention, the view that a democratic government was desirable was
- Representative democracy is sometimes disapprovingly referred to as the _____ theory of democracy.
- When the Farmers of the Constitution wrote "republican form of government" they were referring to
- a When a circumstance is too complicated for the "average citizen" to understand.
- b elitist
- c representative democracy
- d not a popular view
- e New England
5 Multiple choice questions
- legitimate authority
- Alexander Hamilton
- get someone else to do their own intentions.
5 True/False questions
What are the requirements for a representative democracy? → regimes that were as close as possible to Aristotle's definition "rule of many"
The text argues that political power is inextricably bound with → purpose
The fact that the rich are taxed more heavily than the poor and that amendments that gave voting rights to minorities were passed by large majorities suggests that → even though most politicians are middle class, white Protestant men, the people are in charge and they have insisted on equality
Compared with the 1950s, government's involvement in the everyday lives of Americans in the 1990s is → playing a larger part.
By "authority" the authors mean → the right to use power