5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Compared with the 1950s, government's involvement in the everyday lives of Americans in the 1990s is
- The text notes a tendency for issues that one were ____ to become____.
- Representative democracy is sometimes disapprovingly referred to as the _____ theory of democracy.
- The fact that the rich are taxed more heavily than the poor and that amendments that gave voting rights to minorities were passed by large majorities suggests that
- Under what circumstances would a majoritarian politics normally not be effective?
- a even though most politicians are middle class, white Protestant men, the people are in charge and they have insisted on equality
- b When a circumstance is too complicated for the "average citizen" to understand.
- c playing a larger part.
- d elitist
- e private, public
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- regimes that were as close as possible to Aristotle's definition "rule of many"
- New England
- Alexander Hamilton
5 True/False Questions
Those who possess a disproportionate share of political power are defined as → elite
When the Farmers of the Constitution wrote "republican form of government" they were referring to → not a popular view
What are the requirements for a representative democracy? → regimes that were as close as possible to Aristotle's definition "rule of many"
Formal authority refers to a right to exercise power that id derived from a → A opportunity for genuine leadership competition
The text argues that political power is inextricably bound with → regimes that were as close as possible to Aristotle's definition "rule of many"