5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which delegate to the Constitutional Convention was worried that the new government that he helped to create might be too democratic?
- Under what circumstances would a majoritarian politics normally not be effective?
- Formal authority refers to a right to exercise power that id derived from a
- The fact that the rich are taxed more heavily than the poor and that amendments that gave voting rights to minorities were passed by large majorities suggests that
- The author cites the early presidential admin, the Civil War, and the New Deal, as examples of struggles over
- a even though most politicians are middle class, white Protestant men, the people are in charge and they have insisted on equality
- b Alexander Hamilton
- c legitimate authority
- d When a circumstance is too complicated for the "average citizen" to understand.
- e governmental office
5 Multiple choice questions
- representative democracy
- private, public
- regimes that were as close as possible to Aristotle's definition "rule of many"
- New England
- A opportunity for genuine leadership competition
5 True/False questions
At the time of the Constitutional Convention, the view that a democratic government was desirable was → Alexander Hamilton
Individuals have power when they are able to → the right to use power
Today the U.S. federal income tax takes an average of what percent of taxpayers' income? → 21%
Those who possess a disproportionate share of political power are defined as → regimes that were as close as possible to Aristotle's definition "rule of many"
The text suggest that, in the United States, no government at any level would be considered legitimate if it were not in some sense → democratic.