5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which delegate to the Constitutional Convention was worried that the new government that he helped to create might be too democratic?
- The text suggest that, in the United States, no government at any level would be considered legitimate if it were not in some sense
- Compared with the 1950s, government's involvement in the everyday lives of Americans in the 1990s is
- The primary source of legitimate political authority in the United States is the
- Formal authority refers to a right to exercise power that id derived from a
- a Alexander Hamilton
- b governmental office
- c democratic.
- d playing a larger part.
- e Constitution
5 Multiple choice questions
- New England
- regimes that were as close as possible to Aristotle's definition "rule of many"
- legitimate authority
- private, public
5 True/False questions
Today the U.S. federal income tax takes an average of what percent of taxpayers' income? → governmental office
By "authority" the authors mean → the right to use power
Representative democracy is sometimes disapprovingly referred to as the _____ theory of democracy. → regimes that were as close as possible to Aristotle's definition "rule of many"
At the time of the Constitutional Convention, the view that a democratic government was desirable was → not a popular view
Individuals have power when they are able to → the right to use power