5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which delegate to the Constitutional Convention was worried that the new government that he helped to create might be too democratic?
- Under what circumstances would a majoritarian politics normally not be effective?
- Those who possess a disproportionate share of political power are defined as
- The author cites the early presidential admin, the Civil War, and the New Deal, as examples of struggles over
- The term participatory democracy applies most accurately to what society?
- a When a circumstance is too complicated for the "average citizen" to understand.
- b elite
- c legitimate authority
- d New England
- e Alexander Hamilton
5 Multiple choice questions
- get someone else to do their own intentions.
- governmental office
- the right to use power
5 True/False questions
The fact that the rich are taxed more heavily than the poor and that amendments that gave voting rights to minorities were passed by large majorities suggests that → even though most politicians are middle class, white Protestant men, the people are in charge and they have insisted on equality
The term democracy was originally associated with → purpose
Today the U.S. federal income tax takes an average of what percent of taxpayers' income? → 21%
At the time of the Constitutional Convention, the view that a democratic government was desirable was → not a popular view
The primary source of legitimate political authority in the United States is the → purpose