5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The term democracy was originally associated with
- By "authority" the authors mean
- Today the U.S. federal income tax takes an average of what percent of taxpayers' income?
- Individuals have power when they are able to
- What are the requirements for a representative democracy?
- a 21%
- b get someone else to do their own intentions.
- c the right to use power
- d A opportunity for genuine leadership competition
- e regimes that were as close as possible to Aristotle's definition "rule of many"
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- representative democracy
- private, public
- New England
5 True/False Questions
Which delegate to the Constitutional Convention was worried that the new government that he helped to create might be too democratic? → Alexander Hamilton
Those who possess a disproportionate share of political power are defined as → regimes that were as close as possible to Aristotle's definition "rule of many"
At the time of the Constitutional Convention, the view that a democratic government was desirable was → Alexander Hamilton
The text suggest that, in the United States, no government at any level would be considered legitimate if it were not in some sense → democratic.
Compared with the 1950s, government's involvement in the everyday lives of Americans in the 1990s is → A opportunity for genuine leadership competition