5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The fact that the rich are taxed more heavily than the poor and that amendments that gave voting rights to minorities were passed by large majorities suggests that
- The term democracy was originally associated with
- The text suggest that, in the United States, no government at any level would be considered legitimate if it were not in some sense
- Formal authority refers to a right to exercise power that id derived from a
- The text argues that political power is inextricably bound with
- a purpose
- b democratic.
- c governmental office
- d regimes that were as close as possible to Aristotle's definition "rule of many"
- e even though most politicians are middle class, white Protestant men, the people are in charge and they have insisted on equality
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- get someone else to do their own intentions.
- playing a larger part.
5 True/False Questions
What are the requirements for a representative democracy? → regimes that were as close as possible to Aristotle's definition "rule of many"
Which delegate to the Constitutional Convention was worried that the new government that he helped to create might be too democratic? → not a popular view
At the time of the Constitutional Convention, the view that a democratic government was desirable was → Alexander Hamilton
Under what circumstances would a majoritarian politics normally not be effective? → purpose
The primary source of legitimate political authority in the United States is the → Constitution