5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Representative democracy is sometimes disapprovingly referred to as the _____ theory of democracy.
- The term democracy was originally associated with
- The text suggest that, in the United States, no government at any level would be considered legitimate if it were not in some sense
- Formal authority refers to a right to exercise power that id derived from a
- By "authority" the authors mean
- a democratic.
- b governmental office
- c regimes that were as close as possible to Aristotle's definition "rule of many"
- d elitist
- e the right to use power
5 Multiple choice questions
- even though most politicians are middle class, white Protestant men, the people are in charge and they have insisted on equality
- New England
- playing a larger part.
- legitimate authority
5 True/False questions
Which delegate to the Constitutional Convention was worried that the new government that he helped to create might be too democratic? → not a popular view
When the Farmers of the Constitution wrote "republican form of government" they were referring to → Alexander Hamilton
At the time of the Constitutional Convention, the view that a democratic government was desirable was → Alexander Hamilton
Today the U.S. federal income tax takes an average of what percent of taxpayers' income? → 21%
What are the requirements for a representative democracy? → A opportunity for genuine leadership competition