5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Sequenced Steps
- Individual Life Cycle
- Teachable Moment
- a Steps in growth and development that follow one another in a set order.
- b The study of the factors involved in the passing of traits from one generation of living beings to the next.
- c A description of the stages of change people experience throughout life.
- d Network of fibers that carry brain signals between neurons.
- e A time when a person can learn a new task because the body is physically ready, caregivers encourage and support, and the child feels a strong desire to learn.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The process of weeding out underused or weak connection between neurons.
- The sum of all the traits that are passed to a child from blood relatives.
- Statements of the general patterns in which growth and development take place in people.
- Watching children in their natural environments.
- Skills that should be mastered at a certain stage in life.
5 True/False Questions
Child Development → The scientific study of children from conception to adolescence.
Developmental Delay → When a child performs like a younger child.
Child-Centered Society → A society that sees children as important and works for their good.
Window of Opportunity → Observation done by methods other than watching children, including asking other people questions about the children and observing the products children make.
Neurons → Long, thick cables that transmit all the signals from a neuron to other neurons.