5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- definding a variable
- four step problem solving plan
- a step 1; explore the problem.
step 2; plan the solution.
step 3; solve the problem.
step 4; examine the solution.
- b the ratio of 2 measurements having different untis of measure.
- c in the ratoin a/b = c/d, a and d are the extremes.
- d choosing a variable to represent one of the unspecified numbers and using it to write expressions for other unspecified numbers.
- e a ratio or rate used when making a model of something that is too large or too small to be convenlently shown as actual size.
5 Multiple choice questions
- to solve equations.
- the product of the extremes is equal to the product of the means.
- the process of carrying units throughout a computation.
- to solve equations with more than one operation.
- an equation stating that 2 ratios are equal.
5 True/False questions
division property of equality → if the equation is true and each side is divided by the same nonzero number, the resulting equatioin is true.
solve an equation → equations that have the same solution.
formula → an equation that states a rule for the relationship between certain quantities.
ratio → a comparison of 2 numbers by division.
mixture problem → in the ratoin a/b = c/d, a and d are the extremes.