← math set 3 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- dimensional analyze
- work backward
- percent of decrease
- mixture problem
- a problems in which two or more parts are combined into a whole.
- b the ratio of the amount of decrease to the previous amount, expressed as a percent.
- c the ratio of 2 measurements having different untis of measure.
- d is one of the many problem solving strategies that you can use.
- e the process of carrying units throughout a computation.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- step 1; explore the problem.
step 2; plan the solution.
step 3; solve the problem.
step 4; examine the solution.
- in the ratoin a/b = c/d, a and d are the extremes.
- the ratio of an amount of increase to the previous amount, expressed as a percent.
- the sum of the product of the number of units and the value per unit divided by the sum of the numbers of units, represented by M.
- when an icrease or decrease is expressed as a percent.
5 True/False Questions
mulitiplication property of equality → similar to additive property of equality there is subtraction property of equality that mat be used to solve equations.
identity → an equation that is true for every value of the variable.
division property of equality → if an equation is true and the same number is added to each side, the resulting equation is true.
uniform motion problem → problems in which two or more parts are combined into a whole.
definding a variable → choosing a variable to represent one of the unspecified numbers and using it to write expressions for other unspecified numbers.