← math set 3 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- uniform motion problem
- solve an equation
- percent of change
- subtraction property of equality
- a the process of finding all values of the variable that make the equation a true statement.
- b an equation that states a rule for the relationship between certain quantities.
- c similar to additive property of equality there is subtraction property of equality that mat be used to solve equations.
- d when an icrease or decrease is expressed as a percent.
- e problems in which an object moves at a certain speed or rate.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- step 1; explore the problem.
step 2; plan the solution.
step 3; solve the problem.
step 4; examine the solution.
- the process of carrying units throughout a computation.
- is one of the many problem solving strategies that you can use.
- the sum of the product of the number of units and the value per unit divided by the sum of the numbers of units, represented by M.
- the ratio of an amount of increase to the previous amount, expressed as a percent.
5 True/False Questions
mixture problem → in the ratoin a/b = c/d, a and d are the extremes.
addition property of equality → if the equation is true and each side is divided by the same nonzero number, the resulting equatioin is true.
mulitiplication property of equality → to solve equations.
identity → a comparison of 2 numbers by division.
definding a variable → the sum of the product of the number of units and the value per unit divided by the sum of the numbers of units, represented by M.