5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- consecutive integers
- solve an equation
- percent of decrease
- mixture problem
- a problems in which two or more parts are combined into a whole.
- b in the ratoin a/b = c/d, a and d are the extremes.
- c the process of finding all values of the variable that make the equation a true statement.
- d the ratio of the amount of decrease to the previous amount, expressed as a percent.
- e integers in counting order.
5 Multiple choice questions
- choosing a variable to represent one of the unspecified numbers and using it to write expressions for other unspecified numbers.
- the sum of the product of the number of units and the value per unit divided by the sum of the numbers of units, represented by M.
- the ratio of 2 measurements having different untis of measure.
- similar to additive property of equality there is subtraction property of equality that mat be used to solve equations.
- to solve equations with more than one operation.
5 True/False questions
percent of increase → the ratio of an amount of increase to the previous amount, expressed as a percent.
addition property of equality → if the equation is true and each side is divided by the same nonzero number, the resulting equatioin is true.
proportion → a comparison of 2 numbers by division.
work backward → is one of the many problem solving strategies that you can use.
uniform motion problem → problems in which two or more parts are combined into a whole.