← math set 3 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- consecutive integers
- weighted average
- solve an equation
- mixture problem
- a an equation that states a rule for the relationship between certain quantities.
- b the process of finding all values of the variable that make the equation a true statement.
- c integers in counting order.
- d the sum of the product of the number of units and the value per unit divided by the sum of the numbers of units, represented by M.
- e problems in which two or more parts are combined into a whole.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- similar to additive property of equality there is subtraction property of equality that mat be used to solve equations.
- the ratio of an amount of increase to the previous amount, expressed as a percent.
- an equation that is true for every value of the variable.
- if an equation is true and the same number is added to each side, the resulting equation is true.
- to solve equations with more than one operation.
5 True/False Questions
extremes → in the ratoin a/b = c/d, a and d are the extremes.
means → the ratio of 2 measurements having different untis of measure.
scale → the ratio of 2 measurements having different untis of measure.
percent of change → the ratio of an amount of increase to the previous amount, expressed as a percent.
four step problem solving plan → problems in which two or more parts are combined into a whole.