← math set 3 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- percent of change
- multi step equations
- definding a variable
- subtraction property of equality
- percent of increase
- a to solve equations with more than one operation.
- b when an icrease or decrease is expressed as a percent.
- c similar to additive property of equality there is subtraction property of equality that mat be used to solve equations.
- d choosing a variable to represent one of the unspecified numbers and using it to write expressions for other unspecified numbers.
- e the ratio of an amount of increase to the previous amount, expressed as a percent.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- problems in which two or more parts are combined into a whole.
- an equation stating that 2 ratios are equal.
- if the equation is true and each side is divided by the same nonzero number, the resulting equatioin is true.
- problems in which an object moves at a certain speed or rate.
- the product of the extremes is equal to the product of the means.
5 True/False Questions
ratio → a comparison of 2 numbers by division.
solve an equation → the process of finding all values of the variable that make the equation a true statement.
mulitiplication property of equality → similar to additive property of equality there is subtraction property of equality that mat be used to solve equations.
formula → an equation that states a rule for the relationship between certain quantities.
identity → an equation that is true for every value of the variable.