5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Homo Habilis
- Secondary Source
- a people who knew how to read and write, first ones were in Mesopotamia
- b aka Before Present...means years ago so add the years AD to the total years BC
- c an account of a historical event written by someone who was not an eyewitness to those events and written or recorded after the fact
- d aka "man of skill," first to use basic stone tools to cut meat & crack open bones
- e Circular stoneworks constructed in England as early as 2500 BC It was begun during the neolithic age and completed during the Bronze age.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The Land Bridge that connected Alaska and Asia during the Last Ice Age when sea levels were lower. Believed by many scholars to be how man arrived in North America.
- Individual who discovered Lucy in 1974
- to tame animals and plants in order to make them useful to people
- Hominid that lived in Europe and was contemporary with Early Humans. Fossil and artifact evidence suggests they had primitive religion and belief in an afterlife.
- Site in Kenya, part of the Great Rift Valley in east Africa where numerous hominid remains have been found including Lucy.
5 True/False Questions
Culture → the language, religious beliefs, values, customs and other ways of life shared by a group of people
History → the enormous period of time before people began to keep written records
Neolithic Revolution → Domestication of animals and growing of crops which meant man no longer had to be nomadic
Catal Huyuk → the language, religious beliefs, values, customs and other ways of life shared by a group of people
Circa → Means around or approximately