5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- hydrophilic heads
- hydrophobic tails
- theodor schwann
- a states the 4 basic concepts of cells.
- b POWER HOUSE OF CELL AND MAKING ATP
- c like a tea bag. small and large molecules and ions are filtered out. if your body does not do this you would need to be put on dialysis.
- d "water-hating" turn away from the water, like peanut butter in a sandwich
- e are in contact with the water of the environment and the internal part of the cell
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Substances use energy to move against the concentration gradient from low to high. it includes 1.active transport 2. endocytosis 3. exocytois 4.endocytois 5. phagocytois 6. pinocytosis
- are specialzed bundles of microtubules that are active in cell reproduction.
- MAKES LIPIDS AND LIPIDS IS FAT
- the process by which molecules move from an area of higher concentration to an area of lower concentration. like net movement. no engery
- WITH OXYGEN
5 True/False Questions
passive process → Substances use energy to move against the concentration gradient from low to high. it includes 1.active transport 2. endocytosis 3. exocytois 4.endocytois 5. phagocytois 6. pinocytosis
cytology → is a substance enclosed by the membranes of the cell.
It has WATER containing protein carbohydrates lipids and inorganic substance. this water is like sea water. this is what saves lives. fluids are blood .synovial fluid. lymp.cerebral spinal fluid.
exocytosis → the process by which a substance is released from the cell through a vesicle that transports the substance to the cell surface and then fuses with the membrane to let the substance out. forms a bubble.
ANABOLISM → BUILD UP PROTEINS. In transcription the mirrored strands of nucleotides in the DNA UNZIP the bases. resulting in RNA carring the same sequence of DNA.
REACTION REQUIRES ENERGY
mRNA CARRIES amino acid sequence from the DNA to the RIMBOSOMES. TRNA BRINGS INDIVIDUAL amiono acids to the rimbstones and RNA FORMS A PART WITH THE RIBOSOMES.
microtubules → are specialzed bundles of microtubules that are active in cell reproduction.