5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a -noun
1.a person who sells quack medicines, attracting and influencing an audience by tricks, storytelling, etc.
2.any charlatan or quack (fraud).
- b -noun
1.the trunk of an elephant, or any long snout or nose
(can be insulting)
- c -noun
an early keyboard instrument producing a soft sound by means of metal blades attached to the inner ends of the keys gently striking the strings.
- d noun
1. relieving of emotional tensions, esp. through certain kinds of art, as tragedy or music.
- e (adj.) having a sharp vibrating sound; a nasally voice quality
5 Multiple choice questions
1.permitting light to pass through but not so much that you can see completely through
2. easily understandable
- a prophetic revelation, especially one concerning the end of the world, when good triumphs over evil
1. a temporary stay
-verb (used without object)
2. to stay for a time in a place; live temporarily
- verb (used with object),
1.to speak ill of; defame; slander
1. marked by or attended with ignominy; discreditable; humiliating
2. bearing or deserving ignominy; contemptible.
5 True/False questions
salvage → noun
1. the act of saving anything from fire, danger, etc.
2.the property saved
3.to save from shipwreck, fire, etc.
inherited → verb (used with object)
1.to arouse curiosity or interest by fascinating or compelling qualities; captivate
2.to achieve or earn by appealing to someone
3.to draw or capture
4.to plot craftily or underhandedly.
6 deceitful plots or the use of those plots.
8.a secret love affair
9.conflicts forming the plot of a play.
crumple → a heap, or Puffy, white clouds that tend to have flat bottoms
acquiescence → -noun
1.agreement or consent by silence or without objection; compliance (to or in)
assimilate → verb
1. to take in and incorporate as one's own; absorb
2. to adapt/adjust/conform with the customs, attitudes, etc., of another group, nation etc