5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- 3. venerable
- a -noun
1.a military unit consisting of two or more squads/sections and a headquarters
2.a small unit of a police force.
3.a company or group of persons
- b adjective
1.commanding respect, veneration, reverance because of great age, impressive dignity, high office or noble character
2.a title for someone proclaimed by the Roman Catholic Church to have attained the first degree of sanctity or of an Anglican archdeacon.
3.(of places, buildings, etc.) made holy by religious, historic, or other lofty associations
4.impressive or interesting because of age, antique appearance, etc
- c verb (with object)
1. to assail with contemptuous or opprobrious language; address or speak of abusively.
2. to speak abusively
- d noun
capacity for producing a desired result or effect; effectiveness
- e verb
1. to take in and incorporate as one's own; absorb
2. to adapt/adjust/conform with the customs, attitudes, etc., of another group, nation etc
5 Multiple Choice Questions
indifferent to or bored with life; unimpressed, as or as if from an excess of worldly pleasures.
- 1.rightness of principle or conduct; moral virtue, correctness
- of sparta, or sternly disciplined and simple, brave, austere
- a dark purple-red or plants of the primrose family
1. the state of being repugnant.
2. strong distaste, aversion, or objection; antipathy.
3. contradictoriness or inconsistency.
5 True/False Questions
progenitor → adjective
1. concealing one's identity, as under an assumed name, esp. to avoid notice
1. done with real identity concealed
3. a person who is incognito, or his/her disguise
4. the state of being incognito.
clavichord → -noun
1.a bone of the pectoral arch.
volition → 1. the act of willing, choosing, or resolving;
2. a choice or decision made by the will.
3. the power of willing; will.
pious → -adjective
1. having high (sometimes hypocritical) reverence for God/virtue/authority or an earnest wish to fulfill religious obligations.
2. falsely earnest, devout or sincere
3. pertaining to religious devotion; sacred
infamy → a jellied gasoline used for bombs