5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a a plan, scheme, or trick for surprising or deceiving an enemy
- b -noun, plural -mas.
1.a person or thing detested or loathed:
2.a person or thing accursed or doomed to damnation or destruction.
3.a formal ecclesiastical curse involving excommunication
- c -adjective
incapable of being accounted for or explained.
- d deserving or causing hatred; hateful; detestable
- e adjective
1.producing an intended effect; adequate.
2. valid or binding, as an agreement or document.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- of sparta, or sternly disciplined and simple, brave, austere
- a dark purple-red or plants of the primrose family
1. harsh; grating; rasping.
2. easily annoyed; irritable.
1.a deadly or virulent epidemic disease, like theBUBONIC PLAGUE.
2.something that is considered harmful, destructive, or evil.
1. gross injustice or wickedness.
2. a violation of right or duty; wicked act; sin.
5 True/False Questions
requite → verb (with object)
1. to assail with contemptuous or opprobrious language; address or speak of abusively.
2. to speak abusively
progenitor → noun
1. a biologically related ancestor
2. a person or thing that first indicates a direction, originates something, or serves as a model; predecessor; precursor
3. venerable → -noun
1.a short allegorical story designed to illustrate or teach some truth, religious principle, or moral lesson.
2.a statement or comment that conveys a meaning indirectly by the use of comparison, analogy, or the like.
imperative → 1.absolutely necessary or required; unavoidable
2. expressing a command
3. a command.
4.an unavoidable obligation or requirement that demands attention; necessity
palindrome → 1. the act of willing, choosing, or resolving;
2. a choice or decision made by the will.
3. the power of willing; will.