5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a -adjective
1. having high (sometimes hypocritical) reverence for God/virtue/authority or an earnest wish to fulfill religious obligations.
2. falsely earnest, devout or sincere
3. pertaining to religious devotion; sacred
- b -noun, plural -tries.
1. a branch of armed soldiers that fight on foot
- c -noun
1.the trunk of an elephant, or any long snout or nose
(can be insulting)
- d -noun
1.agreement or consent by silence or without objection; compliance (to or in)
- e a dark purple-red or plants of the primrose family
5 Multiple choice questions
1. to take in and incorporate as one's own; absorb
2. to adapt/adjust/conform with the customs, attitudes, etc., of another group, nation etc
- -adjective: mystical, occult
1. rough and noisy; noisily jolly or rowdy; clamorous; unrestrained
2. (of waves, weather, wind, etc.) rough and stormy.
3. Obsolete. rough and massive.
1. a biologically related ancestor
2. a person or thing that first indicates a direction, originates something, or serves as a model; predecessor; precursor
1.disposed to be silent or hesitant to speak; reserved, reluctant or restrained
5 True/False questions
lopsided → noun
1.a sudden, unpredictable change, as of one's mind or the weather.
2.a tendency to change one's mind without apparent or adequate motive; whimsicality; capriciousness
auspicious → -adjective
1.promising success; propitious; opportune; favorable:
2.favored by fortune; prosperous; fortunate.
effectual → adjective
1.producing an intended effect; adequate.
2. valid or binding, as an agreement or document.
stratagems → a plan, scheme, or trick for surprising or deceiving an enemy
cumulus → -noun
2.adjective: of the color red