5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- 79; 118; 79
- The cell
- a An UNCHARGED atom of gold has an atomic number of 79 and an atomic mass of 197. This atom has ______ protons, ______ neutrons, and ______ electrons.
- b ______ is the basic unit of life.
- c Water is considered a polar molecule because its electrons spend more time with its ______ than with either hydrogen.
- d All atoms of an element have the same number of ______.
- e ______ is the name is given to substances that resist changes in pH.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Sugar dissolves when stirred into water. The sugar is ______, the water is the ______, and the sweetened water is the ______.
- Biology is best defined as ______.
- The type of bonds joining two adjacent water molecules are ______ bonds.
- ______ accounts for the different breeds of dogs.
- ______ is "if my car does not start and I recharge the battery, then my car will start."
5 True/False Questions
hypothesis → The tendency of water molecules to stick together is referred to as ______.
acid → The second electron shell of an atom can hold a maximum of ______ electrons.
ionic → H2SO4 is an ______.
evolution → The tendency of water molecules to stick together is referred to as ______.
cohesion → The tendency of water molecules to stick together is referred to as ______.