5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The size of its magnitude
- Pacific Ring of Fire
- a a measure of the energy released by an earthquake
- b What classifies a major earthquake and what classifies a microquake?
- c The Mercalli Scale includes a description that expresses what?
- d tremor that follows and is smaller that a major earthquake
- e major earthquake zone that forms a ring around the Pacific ocean
5 Multiple choice questions
- What can S-waves travel through?
- the point on the earth's surface directly above the focus
- expresses the intensity of an earthquake with a Roman numeral and description
- move the fastest, and are the first to be recorded
- How many seismograph locations are needed to locate the epicenter of an earthquake?
5 True/False questions
Intermediate-focus earthquakes → occur at a depth between 70km-300km
Liquids → What can S-waves travel through?
Mircoquakes → What can S-waves NOT travel through?
Shallow-focus earthquakes → occur in the subduction zones
Deep-focus earthquakes → cause the most damage