5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Seismic Gaps
- Mercalli Scale
- a a measure of the energy released by an earthquake
- b What can S-waves NOT travel through?
- c expresses the intensity of an earthquake with a Roman numeral and description
- d zone of rock where the fault is locked, and no major earthquakes have happened in a long time
- e The Mercalli Scale includes a description that expresses what?
5 Multiple choice questions
- occur in the subduction zones
- cause the most damage
- tremor that follows and is smaller that a major earthquake
- Zones of immobile rock along faults are called?
- earthquake with a 2.5 or less magnitude
5 True/False questions
Magnitude → The Mercalli Scale includes a description that expresses what?
P-waves → move the fastest, and are the first to be recorded
Tsunami → giant ocean wave that often occurs after a major earthquake with an epicenter on the ocean floor
The size of its magnitude → What classifies a major earthquake and what classifies a microquake?
Pacific Ring of Fire → What can P-waves travel through?