5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Solids and Liquids
- Seismic Gaps
- a The Mercalli Scale includes a description that expresses what?
- b zone of rock where the fault is locked, and no major earthquakes have happened in a long time
- c How many seismograph locations are needed to locate the epicenter of an earthquake?
- d can only travel through solids, and are the second to be recored
- e What can P-waves travel through?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- expresses the intensity of an earthquake with a Roman numeral and description
- a measure of the energy released by an earthquake
- tremor that follows and is smaller that a major earthquake
- cause the most damage
- the area along a fault where slippage first occurs
5 True/False Questions
Pacific Ring of Fire → What can P-waves travel through?
Solids → What can S-waves travel through?
San Andreas Fault → Pacific plates slip northwest along the north american plate
Tsunami → giant ocean wave that often occurs after a major earthquake with an epicenter on the ocean floor
Mircoquakes → earthquake with a 2.5 or less magnitude