5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The size of its magnitude
- Mercalli Scale
- a earthquake with a 2.5 or less magnitude
- b the point on the earth's surface directly above the focus
- c What classifies a major earthquake and what classifies a microquake?
- d 90% of continental earthquakes have a __________ focus.
- e expresses the intensity of an earthquake with a Roman numeral and description
5 Multiple choice questions
- tremor that follows and is smaller that a major earthquake
- a measure of the energy released by an earthquake
- If the S-waves arrive shortly after the P-waves then the epicenter is located______ the seismograph.
- What is a "locked" fault?
- occur at a depth between 70km-300km
5 True/False questions
Tsunami → How many seismograph locations are needed to locate the epicenter of an earthquake?
Focus → What can S-waves travel through?
Faulting and underwater landslides → What two events cause a tsunami?
Deep-focus earthquakes → cause the most damage
Damage → The Mercalli Scale includes a description that expresses what?