5 Written Questions
4 Matching Questions
- a If the S-waves arrive shortly after the P-waves then the epicenter is located______ the seismograph.
- b a measure of the energy released by an earthquake
- c What can S-waves travel through?
- d The Mercalli Scale includes a description that expresses what?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- What can S-waves NOT travel through?
- giant ocean wave that often occurs after a major earthquake with an epicenter on the ocean floor
- What classifies a major earthquake and what classifies a microquake?
- move the slowest, and are the last to be recorded
- tremor that follows and is smaller that a major earthquake
5 True/False Questions
Deep-focus earthquakes → occur in the subduction zones
Pacific Ring of Fire → What can P-waves travel through?
Mircoquakes → What can S-waves NOT travel through?
where friction prevents the rocks from moving past each other → What is a "locked" fault?
Faulting and underwater landslides → What two events cause a tsunami?