5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Deep-focus earthquakes
- Pacific Ring of Fire
- a occur in the subduction zones
- b the area along a fault where slippage first occurs
- c giant ocean wave that often occurs after a major earthquake with an epicenter on the ocean floor
- d a measure of the energy released by an earthquake
- e major earthquake zone that forms a ring around the Pacific ocean
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- can only travel through solids, and are the second to be recored
- What can S-waves NOT travel through?
- What can P-waves travel through?
- cause the most damage
- the point on the earth's surface directly above the focus
5 True/False Questions
Faulting and underwater landslides → What two events cause a tsunami?
San Andreas Fault → move the slowest, and are the last to be recorded
Damage → can only travel through solids, and are the second to be recored
Aftershocks → the area along a fault where slippage first occurs
Solids → What can S-waves travel through?