5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Random Study
- Affects of Cocaine
- Double Blind Experimental Study
- Cerebral Cortex/Outer Brain Shell
- Right Brain Hemisphere
- a The newest portion of the brain which is most developed in man verses lower animals.
- b Neither the experamentor nor the Subjects are aware of what is being given to whom. (Prozac or Placebo)
- c Controls Visual Spatail Understanding.
- d To equalize or Spread Evenly all of the conditions in the experiment except the one condition, which is the Independant or Causal Variable is a __________.
- e This drug stimulates the cortex of the brain, producing sleeplessnes, high energy, optimism, increased self estee, and sometimes a sense of being more competent than or superior to others.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Is an in-depth study of a Person over some time period.
- We pass through 5 stages if sleep, several time a night.
0. Pre-Sleep - Light sleep, Not true sleep, more awake than sleep, sleep talking occurs more commonly during this level but can occur at any level.
1. Light sleep level where your Brain is quite active, even though you are often quiet physically.
2. You spend 40 to 60% of sleep in this stage.
3. Transition Phase - This is a stage of deeper sleep but is a brief transition phase between 2 and 4.
4. Delta Waves Predoiminate - Deepest sleep of all, sleep walking occurs in stage 4. You are typically hard to awaken during stages 3 and 4.
5. REM Sleep - Rapid Eye Movement At about one hour into your nights sleep you move from stage 4 to 3 to 2 to 1 and then REM sleep begins. This eye movement implies you are dreaming. This is also the phase of sleep when physical paralyses occurs and if you are like most people, your longest period of very deep sleep occurs early in the night.
- These are more powerful uppers and include:
Dexedrine & Benzedrine
These increase heart rate, bloodpresure, energy and may make you more talkative.
- The Meassureable Outcome of the Experiment or the Effect the Independant Varible has had in the Experiment. In this case It is Level of Depression of the subjects.
- 4 - Stages by: Masters and Johnson
1. Excitement 2. Plateau
3. Orgasm 4. Resolution
Ther is an additional stage mentioned called the
(5) Refractory Stage -
The resting period after orgasm. (Men often needing more time than Women before performing again.)
5 True/False Questions
Left Brain Hemispher → Controls Visual Spatail Understanding.
Sleepwalking → 0. Pre-Sleep - Light sleep, Not true sleep, more awake than sleep, sleep talking occurs more commonly during this level but can occur at any level.
Independent Variable or Casual Variable → The question you are seeking to answer through the experiment (the one factor your use) The Variable is manipulated by the expermentor. Ex: When trying to prove wheather or not a subject is given Pozac or the Placebo, do they experience more or less depression?
Affect → In it's broades sense, a drug is a substance that alters cellular activity in the body. Even vitamins (like Niacin) become drugs when taken in large doses.
Experiments → These are often done in the Lab or an artificial environment or atmospher to some degree.The environment is considered a more accurate way ot finding out, or determining cause.