5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Independent Variable or Casual Variable
- What is Psychology
- Why we Dream?
- a Also called uppers - Increase activity in the Sympathetic Nervous system, leading to increses in heart rate, blood pressure, strength etc. Caffeine is the most commonly used stimulant. It is found in coffee, cola's and chocolate.
- b Researchers who see dreams as information processing, believe that dreams may help sift, sort, and fix the day's experiences in our memory. Often reliving the events of the day.
- c These are more powerful uppers and include:
Dexedrine & Benzedrine
These increase heart rate, bloodpresure, energy and may make you more talkative.
- d The question you are seeking to answer through the experiment (the one factor your use) The Variable is manipulated by the expermentor. Ex: When trying to prove wheather or not a subject is given Pozac or the Placebo, do they experience more or less depression?
- e Involves the Scientific Study of the behavior and Mental Processes of organisms (Man and Lower Animals).
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Circdian Rythms are the daily rythms which repeat themselves every 24 hr's. Ex: Sleep-Wake Cycles, Body Temp Fluctuation, Blood Sugar Changes, Blood Pressure Changes, Changes in Harmone Levels.
- When people are deprived of REM Sleep. 1-Night, they typically will experence a Rebound Effect the next night, thus showing an increase in REM and a decrease in Stage 4 sleep
- #1. The Experemental Group and #2. The Control Group. These are two or more groups who are CHOSEN RANDOMLY and given an experamental treatment.The treatment of either the Independent Variable, also called the Causal Variable. This is usually the Item you are trying to prove something about. or the Placebo or Dummy Pill
- Also called Night Terrors - Typically occuring during stage 4 sleep, rather than REM sleep. Usually had by young children and they often don't remember the dream, they will awake and then return to sleep.
- To equalize or Spread Evenly all of the conditions in the experiment except the one condition, which is the Independant or Causal Variable is a __________.
5 True/False Questions
Case Study → To equalize or Spread Evenly all of the conditions in the experiment except the one condition, which is the Independant or Causal Variable is a __________.
Right Brain Hemisphere → Controls Language
Cerebral Cortex/Outer Brain Shell → The part in the Front is call the Frontal Cortex. It is associated with the ability to plan, to reason and to inhibit inappropriate behaviors, It is the 1st part of the brain affected by alcohol.
Biological Rythms → Above the brain stem but deep within you brain is your ______ system, which contains the Amydala. It is responsable for expressions of strong emotions like Fear, Rage and Sexual Excitement.
Bright Light Treatment → Researchers who see dreams as information processing, believe that dreams may help sift, sort, and fix the day's experiences in our memory. Often reliving the events of the day.