5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a a poem that is usually centered around a hero
- b a comparison of two unlike things without using like or as
- c a pair of lines of verse, especially ones that rhyme and are the same length.
- d lyric poem addresses to a particular subject to celebrate or commemorate it.
- e a brief reference to a well-known historical, literal figure, work of art, song, bible, event in history or story.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the repetition of consonant sounds at the ends of words with different vowel sounds
- a part stands for the whole
- an exxagerated statement not to be taken literally
- unrhymes verse without a metrical pattern
- unrhymed iambic pentameter
5 True/False Questions
repetition → rearrange the words of a sentence
oxymoron → combination of contradictory terms
alliteration → a brief reference to a well-known historical, literal figure, work of art, song, bible, event in history or story.
ballad → simple song having two stanzas using the same melody, a narrative.
lyric poem → a short poem that expresses personal and emotional feelings.