5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Freezing point
- Protein complementation
- Peptide bond
- a the temperature at which a liquid changes to a solid.
- b two incomplete-protein foods, each of which supplies the amino acids missing in the other, combined to yield a complete protein profile.
- c to separate or settle out of a solution
- d the chemical bond between two amino acids.
- e a compound that inhibits oxidation, which can cause deterioration and rancidity.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the temperature at which a heated liquid begins to boil and changes to a gas.
- the movement of a solvent through a semipermeable membrane to the side with the higher solute concentration, equalizing solute concentration on both sides of the membrane
- measures the degree of acidity or alkalinity of a substance, with 1 the most acidic, 14 the most alkaline, and 7 neutral
- a unit composed of one or more types of atoms held together by chemical bonds.
- a substance whose molecules consist of unlike atoms
5 True/False Questions
Solubility → the ability of one substance to blend uniformly with another
Supersaturated solution → an unstable solution created when more than the maximum solute is dissolved in solution.
Distillation → a procedure in which pure liquid is obtained from a solution by boiling, condensation, and collection of the condensed liquid in a separate container.
Specific heat → the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of 1 gram of a substance 1 degree C.
Ionize → a digestive juice made by the liver from cholesterol and stored in the gall bladder.