5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- A truck travels to and from a stone quarry located 2.5 km to the east. What is its distance? What is its displacement?
- Acceleration is.....
- Inertia varies depending on what?
- Motion is......
- Can an object be in motion if the net force acting on it is zero? Explain.
- a The rate of change of velocity
- b Distance= 5.0 km
- c Yes, constant speed without friction
- d The mass of an object
- e a change in position.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The speed and direction with which an object moves.
- Balanced forces
- Opposite directions at the same speed.
- greater than
5 True/False Questions
In the equation a=(vf-vi)/t, Vf stands for what? → Final velocity
Why does an object moving at a constant speed have velocity? → Because it's changing direction.
Acceleration occurs when an object changes its_______________________ or ________________________ or both. → Velocity (speed)
When calculating acceleration, to find the change in velocity, you subtract the _____________________________ velocity from the __________________________________ velocity. → Velocity (speed)
Why is it necessary to wear a seat belt to hold you in place if you are riding in a car that stops suddenly? → zero acceleration