5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is another name for Newton's first law of motion?
- What does a horizontal line on a velocity/time graph show?
- As a car slows down approaching a red traffic light its_______________________ is negative.
- Velocity is.....
- A truck travels to and from a stone quarry located 2.5 km to the east. What is its distance? What is its displacement?
- a acceleration
- b Distance= 5.0 km
- c The speed and direction with which an object moves.
- d zero acceleration
- e Law of inertia
5 Multiple choice questions
- speed=distance/time s=d/t
- Final velocity
- The mass of an object
- Balanced forces
- a change in position.
5 True/False questions
A skater in a parking lot. Can she have a constant speed and changing velocity? Can she have a changing speed and constant velocity? Explain your answer. → Because it's changing direction.
Two cars are trafveling along the same road at the same speed, but different velocities. Explain. → Opposite directions at the same speed.
When calculating acceleration, to find the change in velocity, you subtract the _____________________________ velocity from the __________________________________ velocity. → Velocity (speed)
Acceleration occurs when an object changes its_______________________ or ________________________ or both. → Velocity (speed)
Can an object be in motion if the net force acting on it is zero? Explain. → Yes, constant speed without friction