5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- A truck travels to and from a stone quarry located 2.5 km to the east. What is its distance? What is its displacement?
- Why does an object moving at a constant speed have velocity?
- An object changing its speed from 12 m/s to 5 m/s is undergoing what kind of acceleration?
- Acceleration is.....
- Why is it necessary to wear a seat belt to hold you in place if you are riding in a car that stops suddenly?
- a Distance= 5.0 km
- b If not, you will continue moving forward at the car's original speed.
- c The rate of change of velocity
- d Negative
- e Because it's changing direction.
5 Multiple choice questions
- mass (inertia)
- Velocity (speed)
- speed=distance/time s=d/t
- The speed and direction with which an object moves.
5 True/False questions
When calculating acceleration, to find the change in velocity, you subtract the _____________________________ velocity from the __________________________________ velocity. → Velocity (speed)
In the equation a=(vf-vi)/t, Vf stands for what? → The mass of an object
Inertia varies depending on what? → The mass of an object
What does the slope of the distance-time graph give? → zero acceleration
A skater in a parking lot. Can she have a constant speed and changing velocity? Can she have a changing speed and constant velocity? Explain your answer. → Because it's changing direction.