5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- A skater in a parking lot. Can she have a constant speed and changing velocity? Can she have a changing speed and constant velocity? Explain your answer.
- Motion is......
- If the forces acting on an object at rest are ________________________, the object wll remain at rest.
- Acceleration is.....
- At the same speed, a bowling ball is harder to stop than a soccer ball because the bowling ball has greater......
- a Yes
You can be changing direction at constant speed to produce changing velocity. Any change in speed results in a change in velocity.
- b The rate of change of velocity
- c Balanced forces
- d a change in position.
- e mass (inertia)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Final velocity
- a measure of how far an object has moved.
- Distance= 5.0 km
5 True/False Questions
Can an object be in motion if the net force acting on it is zero? Explain. → Yes, constant speed without friction
What is another name for Newton's first law of motion? → Law of inertia
3 m/s north is an example of what? → The mass of an object
Why does an object moving at a constant speed have velocity? → Because it's changing direction.
Velocity is..... → a change in position.