5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- A skater in a parking lot. Can she have a constant speed and changing velocity? Can she have a changing speed and constant velocity? Explain your answer.
- At the same speed, a bowling ball is harder to stop than a soccer ball because the bowling ball has greater......
- An object changing its speed from 12 m/s to 5 m/s is undergoing what kind of acceleration?
- Acceleration is.....
- Motion is......
- a mass (inertia)
- b a change in position.
- c Yes
You can be changing direction at constant speed to produce changing velocity. Any change in speed results in a change in velocity.
- d The rate of change of velocity
- e Negative
5 Multiple choice questions
- speed=distance/time s=d/t
- Law of inertia
- The mass of an object
- Yes, constant speed without friction
- Velocity (speed)
5 True/False questions
Why does an object moving at a constant speed have velocity? → Because it's changing direction.
What does a horizontal line on a velocity/time graph show? → zero acceleration
What does the slope of the distance-time graph give? → Speed
3 m/s north is an example of what? → Velocity
If you ride your bicycle down a straight road 2 miles and then turn around and ride back, your distance is __________________________ your displacement. → Because it's changing direction.