5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Why is it necessary to wear a seat belt to hold you in place if you are riding in a car that stops suddenly?
- Inertia varies depending on what?
- Two cars are trafveling along the same road at the same speed, but different velocities. Explain.
- If the forces acting on an object at rest are ________________________, the object wll remain at rest.
- 3 m/s north is an example of what?
- a The mass of an object
- b Balanced forces
- c If not, you will continue moving forward at the car's original speed.
- d Velocity
- e Opposite directions at the same speed.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a measure of how far an object has moved.
- Final velocity
- Velocity (speed)
5 True/False questions
Equation for acceleration → a=vf-vi/t
If you ride your bicycle down a straight road 2 miles and then turn around and ride back, your distance is __________________________ your displacement. → Because it's changing direction.
Motion is...... → a change in position.
Why does an object moving at a constant speed have velocity? → zero acceleration
A skater in a parking lot. Can she have a constant speed and changing velocity? Can she have a changing speed and constant velocity? Explain your answer. → Yes
You can be changing direction at constant speed to produce changing velocity. Any change in speed results in a change in velocity.