5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Can an object be in motion if the net force acting on it is zero? Explain.
- What is another name for Newton's first law of motion?
- Relate distance, speed, and time in an equation.
- Why does an object moving at a constant speed have velocity?
- Why is it necessary to wear a seat belt to hold you in place if you are riding in a car that stops suddenly?
- a Because it's changing direction.
- b Law of inertia
- c Yes, constant speed without friction
- d speed=distance/time s=d/t
- e If not, you will continue moving forward at the car's original speed.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Final velocity
- mass (inertia)
You can be changing direction at constant speed to produce changing velocity. Any change in speed results in a change in velocity.
5 True/False questions
If you ride your bicycle down a straight road 2 miles and then turn around and ride back, your distance is __________________________ your displacement. → Because it's changing direction.
Motion is...... → The speed and direction with which an object moves.
Acceleration is..... → The speed and direction with which an object moves.
What does the slope of the distance-time graph give? → zero acceleration
Inertia varies depending on what? → The mass of an object