5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What does the slope of the distance-time graph give?
- Why does an object moving at a constant speed have velocity?
- Acceleration is.....
- At the same speed, a bowling ball is harder to stop than a soccer ball because the bowling ball has greater......
- If the forces acting on an object at rest are ________________________, the object wll remain at rest.
- a Speed
- b The rate of change of velocity
- c Balanced forces
- d Because it's changing direction.
- e mass (inertia)
5 Multiple choice questions
- Yes, constant speed without friction
- a measure of how far an object has moved.
You can be changing direction at constant speed to produce changing velocity. Any change in speed results in a change in velocity.
- Velocity (speed)
5 True/False questions
What does a horizontal line on a velocity/time graph show? → Speed
A truck travels to and from a stone quarry located 2.5 km to the east. What is its distance? What is its displacement? → Because it's changing direction.
As a car slows down approaching a red traffic light its_______________________ is negative. → Velocity (speed)
When calculating acceleration, to find the change in velocity, you subtract the _____________________________ velocity from the __________________________________ velocity. → Velocity (speed)
An object changing its speed from 12 m/s to 5 m/s is undergoing what kind of acceleration? → Negative