5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- proper noun
- conjunctive adverb
- collective noun
- action verb
- a modify verbs, adjectives, or other adverbs. they answer where, when, how, and what.
ex.here, rather early, swiftly, almost
- b name of a particular person, place, thing, or idea
- c expresses a physical or mental action.
- d name of a group
- e is used to express relationships between independent clauses.
ex. finally, furthermore, however, instead, and still.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- general name for a person, place, thing. or idea
- names an object that can be seen, heard, smelled, touched, or tasted
- connects words or word groups that have equal importance in sentence.
ex. FANBOYS (for, and, nor, but, or, yet, so)
- names more than one person, place,thing, or idea
- links the subject of the sentence to a word in the predicate.
ex.am, is, was, were,appear, become, feel, look, remain, sound, and taste, express conditions.
5 True/False Questions
possessive noun → name of a group
compound noun → single noun formed from two or more words.
singular noun → names one person, place, thing, or idea
coordinating conjunction → introduce subordinate clauses--- clauses cannot stand alone as complete sentences.
ex.after, because, if, so that, than, when, and while.
verb → is a word used to express an action, a condition, or a state of being.