5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- compound noun
- conjunctive adverb
- coordinating conjunction
- a is used to express relationships between independent clauses.
ex. finally, furthermore, however, instead, and still.
- b are word pairs that join words or groups of words.
ex. both... and, either...or, not only...but also, and whether...or.
- c is a word or phase that expresses a feeling
- d single noun formed from two or more words.
- e are the most common adjectives
5 Multiple choice questions
- are formed from proper nouns. They're capitalized and often end with -n, -an, -ian, -ese, -or ish
ex. Chinese, Spanish.
- is a word used to express an action, a condition, or a state of being.
- is the noun or pronoun that follows the preposition
- names one person, place, thing, or idea
- noun that shows ownership or relationship
ex. star's mansion
5 True/False questions
linking verb → links the subject of the sentence to a word in the predicate.
ex.am, is, was, were,appear, become, feel, look, remain, sound, and taste, express conditions.
common noun → general name for a person, place, thing. or idea
proper noun → name of a particular person, place, thing, or idea
conjunction → shows the relationship between a noun or pronoun and another word in the sentence.
ex. about, before, by, during, on, and under
compound preposition → prepositions formed from more than one word.
ex. according to, in place of, and instead of.