5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- singular noun
- prepositional phase
- concrete noun
- a connects words or groups of words
- b names an object that can be seen, heard, smelled, touched, or tasted
- c names one person, place, thing, or idea
- d are the most common adjectives
- e consists of a proposition, its object, and any modifiers of the object.
5 Multiple choice questions
- refers to a specific person, place or thing or idea
- are word pairs that join words or groups of words.
ex. both... and, either...or, not only...but also, and whether...or.
- noun that shows ownership or relationship
ex. star's mansion
- introduce subordinate clauses--- clauses cannot stand alone as complete sentences.
ex.after, because, if, so that, than, when, and while.
- modify verbs, adjectives, or other adverbs. they answer where, when, how, and what.
ex.here, rather early, swiftly, almost
5 True/False questions
coordinating conjunction → connects words or word groups that have equal importance in sentence.
ex. FANBOYS (for, and, nor, but, or, yet, so)
plural noun → name of a particular person, place, thing, or idea
compound preposition → single noun formed from two or more words.
proper noun → name of a particular person, place, thing, or idea
common noun → general name for a person, place, thing. or idea