5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- action verb
- collective noun
- linking verb
- a links the subject of the sentence to a word in the predicate.
ex.am, is, was, were,appear, become, feel, look, remain, sound, and taste, express conditions.
- b connects words or groups of words
- c are the most common adjectives
- d name of a group
- e expresses a physical or mental action.
5 Multiple choice questions
- general name for a person, place, thing. or idea
- names one person, place, thing, or idea
- names an idea, quality, or characteristic
- also called 'helping verbs' are combined with verbs to form verb phrases.
ex. had, do, might, would, will, must, could, and would.
- names an object that can be seen, heard, smelled, touched, or tasted
5 True/False questions
prepositional phase → shows the relationship between a noun or pronoun and another word in the sentence.
ex. about, before, by, during, on, and under
possessive noun → noun that shows ownership or relationship
ex. star's mansion
Subordinating conjunctions → introduce subordinate clauses--- clauses cannot stand alone as complete sentences.
ex.after, because, if, so that, than, when, and while.
conjunctive adverb → connects words or groups of words
coordinating conjunction → connects words or word groups that have equal importance in sentence.
ex. FANBOYS (for, and, nor, but, or, yet, so)